How old were you when you got your first Supra?

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Bought my Black '91 5-spd turbo targa at 19 with rod knock and 1.5 spare 7Ms in the trunk and passenger seat. It arrived on the first day of school from Maryland on August 27th (missed class cuz of it) and it's been at a buddy's place since. It's ~93% complete with it's 1JZ swap, but that has been halted for the past 2-3 weeks due to said buddy undergoing a 2JZ swap.

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
got mine at age 15 and bought it from a friend for 1800
91 turbo, 5spd
came with huge ass fmic, greddy type s bov and hks bov, rebuild 60-1 turbo with custom 4 inch downpipe with jic titanium exhaust and lots of gauges and things near that...really worth it but have to let it go a year later cause my dad dont dont trust me driving it like that!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
starscream5000;1085729 said:
Move on then Gary, you've been saying this for well over a year that I know of.

I'm waiting for something to happen. I could just crush it but where's the fun in that? The time is coming though. No "lifetime investment" (lamo, out of the mouth of babes) plan here.

Oh and:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
jugodegolf;1083403 said:
Lol. I've had my 89 about as long as you've been alive.

That's one of the nice things about the Supra community, just like most other decent car communities you have the young guys and the old guys (or the really damn old guys like Ian) but we're all in it together... If you ever go to a car show or a domestic meet 99% of the time you'll see the young'uns and the old farts standing in seperate crowds.

Also, my car is 3 years older than me :rofl:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Quin;1086280 said:
That's one of the nice things about the Supra community, just like most other decent car communities you have the young guys and the old guys (or the really damn old guys like Ian) but we're all in it together... If you ever go to a car show or a domestic meet 99% of the time you'll see the young'uns and the old farts standing in seperate crowds.

Also, my car is 3 years older than me :rofl:

:boink:

I think were outnumbered.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
I was 20 when I picked mine up, and now that its gone, I really miss it..... :( Must buy another...... lol.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I was 22years old and it was nine years old. I'm thirty eight now, so what model was it, and what color?

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
suprahero;1088014 said:
I was 22years old and it was nine years old. I'm thirty eight now, so what model was it, and what color?

1983 so.. mk2
color i couldnt tell ya lol

well.. i got my first one in May this year.. 89 turbo.. i am 19 going twenty in october

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I got mine when I was 17 just before my senior year at high school. I had to fix it up a bit first but by late January it was good to go and I got to enjoy driving a Supra to school every day.

The only downfall of that was that this kid with a Cavalier with a huge exhaust always used to tell me how my car was "ricer"...I guess maybe because my car was Japanese...