"How much supra can you put into a truck?" build

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Thinking about it today, I'm not going to have the head touched. I can put those funds into more progress.

Glad to see people still getting excited about the build.

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
ZOMGRSupra21;1606716 said:
Very nice build! Can't wait to see videos of this first start up! Seeing this makes me want to get my butt in gear fixing up my own supra. Subscribed!

I like how you say 'my own supra' because I consider this build more of a supra than a truck.

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Not much going on here. I have been slowly getting the engine ready for reassembly. Machine work, balancing, and lots of cleaning.

I did however today unexpectedly drive by a yard sale in the ghetto of conroe and saw a set of tt rims. So we stopped to check them out. His price was 100 bucks. They were a bit scratched on the front rims but the back were almost perfect. Front tires almost new and rear have been shredded. I got em. After more than a year of attempting to get some with no luck. Sending payments of 700+ with shipping only to be refunded for a local sale. I finally got them for 100 bucks. I can't believe it. Anyways, they need a little work on the finish, but they are in decent shape. Oh, and I need one center cap. Not really much to see here, but here it is...

attachment.php

attachment.php

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Nice deal! Now all you have to do is hit up the local junk yards to find a good pair of tires for the rear for dirt cheap (a friend found like new set of $200 tires for $40 including the rims that they were mounted on at a junk yard).

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Yeah, maybe. It's hard to imagine that they would have drag radials at the junk yard. Anything less would be a waste of time. but I have some time before it is on the street, so I'll just have to look.

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Today I built the short block after several days of just cleaning. Probe pistons, bored .020 over, arp rod bolts plus all of the normal parts and machine work needed for a build. Here are some pics, even though you already know what a 7m looks like...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
Here is something you don't see a lot on a 7m...

attachment.php

attachment.php

I still need to finish polishing the valve covers and the center cover. It is held in place by a couple of screws that fit between the dip in the VC and the plate. That way there will be no visible screws on the top.
attachment.php

customs

Dec 29, 2008
Edmonton Ab
Great idea. I always thought the 7M coil pack system was completely unnecessary. Why would you want to sit it on top of the engine in that way.

None the less, you have some done some awesome work with this build. I look forward to see this complete.