How do I get rid of the door open "beeper" ?????????

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Anyone have a pic. or what wire to cut for the “beeper” or "dinging" that is for the door open notice? I know when the door is open, I don’t want it to beep at me anymore when I am trouble shooting. It is very annoying.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
take off the steering column covers and next to the keyhole ring, there's a single screw holding on a white button, just take it off and it'll stop beeping..

mine was actually disconnected and once I put it back on, it started beeping.......so I took it off again..:D

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
RazoE;1099863 said:
take off the steering column covers and next to the keyhole ring, there's a single screw holding on a white button, just take it off and it'll stop beeping..

mine was actually disconnected and once I put it back on, it started beeping.......so I took it off again..:D

Thank you for the fast responce!! I will try this tonight after work:
:w00t:: no more "beeping" I hope.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
"January 4, 2009

Today we lost a fellow Supramania member, Tase.

A plumber was backing up, as Tase had bent over to pick up a quarter on the ground (lucky him), desensitized to beeping, Tase had no chance. He shall be missed. He is survived by his 10 cats and pink sock puppet FrooFroo"

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Poodles;1099881 said:
Only beeps when the key is in... and if you actually turn the key to the ON position it will stop beeping...

Yep, you are right but that drains the battery faster, since I dont keep the battery charger on all the time thats no good plus I dont want ot keep the ECU powered up all the time.

I also could just keep the door closed, or remove the door open switch, but I dont want to do that. I just want the beep not to be there, so I will go with RazoE FTW.

sneakypete;1099905 said:
i didnt know mk3s beeped when the door was open

I see yours is already unhooked.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
RazoE;1099878 said:
"January 4, 2009

Today we lost a fellow Supramania member, Tase.

A plumber was backing up, as Tase had bent over to pick up a quarter on the ground (lucky him), desensitized to beeping, Tase had no chance. He shall be missed. He is survived by his 10 cats and pink sock puppet FrooFroo"

:rofl:::hang::

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not to mention that might be the same wire that tells it to not allow the doors to be locked with the key in...

Shouldn't drain the battery fast at all unless you have the blower on or your battery is weak...

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
TaSe;1099875 said:
What beeping??

Lol ^ thats what happens when you just block it out... i barely notice any beeping that low any more... im suprised i still wake up to my alarm clock.

It sucks when you are doing some kind of work on the car and you're trying to listen to the radio with the door open. Killed me.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
lol people... if you don't like it then do what RazoE said.

However, I agree with Poodles. To fix the beep:

-Shut door
-Turn key to "ON"
-Disconnect battery

^ One of those should suit almost any need. Listening to the radio with door open? Shouldn't be a problem to turn it one more click. Don't like it when working on the car with the door open?...wait why are you working on wiring with the battery still connected?! Not working on wiring, you say? Then why have the key in at all?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well when you head is under the steering wheel, working on a "little wiring" the beep is super gay, I dont care how load the radio is. 2 things normally the radio is on in the garage with the door open and I have neighbors. So far they have been cool but dont want to piss them off with a radio at full vol. to dround out the beeping. Second I like to leave the in the car so I cn test things when I need to. If the doors would lock with the keys in the car, guess what I have 2 other spairs that I can use to unlock the door from the out side ;)

How about the "beeper" it self, where is it and I can just cut the wire that makes it beep or just make the beeped disappear. This way not to affect the door locking with keys in side of it.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I seem to remember that the beeping comes from a black box under the lower cover on the drivers side. I don't know which wire feeds the little beeper, but I'm pretty sure that's where the noise maker is.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Behind the interior fuse panel is a little grey box, which controlls the dome lights and fading effect when the door is closed. Inside it has a circuit board with the beeper on it. I just unsoldered and removed the beeper, which is black and looks like a tiny 1/2" speaker that fires out of a hole in the box. You have to unbolt the fuse panel and carefully pull it out of the way to reach the grey box. Mine is an 87, not sure about 89+.