How do I get rid of the door open "beeper" ?????????

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
tekdeus;1101326 said:
Behind the interior fuse panel is a little grey box, which controlls the dome lights and fading effect when the door is closed. Inside it has a circuit board with the beeper on it. I just unsoldered and removed the beeper, which is black and looks like a tiny 1/2" speaker that fires out of a hole in the box. You have to unbolt the fuse panel and carefully pull it out of the way to reach the grey box. Mine is an 87, not sure about 89+.

Thank you Tekdeus, i will look there right now. This was poodles can stay happy and not loose sleep because a supra "may" lock the door on it self. LOL

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LOL, just rather not have you have an issue...

At least it's not like newer cars where they beep if you do ANYTHING.

Yes, he's right, it's part of the interagration control relay and it's a MAJOR pain in the ass to get to.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
IJ.;1101926 said:
Never heard a Supra here beep when the doors open wonder if it's US thing?

It only beeps when the key is in the ACC. position, and the door it open. Never the less it could be a U.S. "safety" thing. :nono:

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
92nsx;1101930 said:
It only beeps when the key is in the ACC. position, and the door it open. Never the less it could be a U.S. "safety" thing. :nono:

Safety? Seems like it's more to protect people from leaving their keys in the car.

On the topic of shutting a locked door while the keys are in the ignition: maybe it is just my car but if I lock the car (which I can only do from the outside because of interior mods) while the door is open then shut the door, it unlocks unless I'm holding the handle up. Just mine?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Certain years do that, I know my 89 doesn't.

Most old toyotas have the "idiot" locks where you have to hold the handle up.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I dunno if a previous owner disabled it, but i've never had mine beep from not having my seatbelt on.

I was only moving it around in my driveway, not really driving it though...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It should beep for as long as the belt indicator is on (with the door closed) when the ignition is turned on and the belt is not fastened. The belt indicator should go out at the same time the beeping stops. If the door is closed and the belt is fastened before the key is turned on there should be no beep. The belt indicator will illuminate for about 5 seconds though.

My car can't even be started without the belt on (unless a hidden switch is thrown) but that's not factory...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
yeah, my seatbelt light stays on for 5 seconds and then turns off, regardless of whether or not my seatbelt is on. But if you need a light to remind you to put your seatbelt on, you shouldn't be driving..