How Bout Some life in Here ?

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
For some reason the title of this thread suddenly made me post this picture. If any of you know who she is, it's important that I speak with her right away...thanks ;)

p1698825_1.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick, that's my sister dude... I knew those pictures would come back to haunt her. :p

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
no disrespect intended, te....but now I'm studying up on incest.

To bring this back on topic of Supras, the reason I want to talk with her is that little gold foil bikini bottom. I recently did gold foil heat shield on the underside of my hood and I'd like to ask her how that has held up to her hot spots.

p1699149_1.jpg

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
so far so good

Tomorrow I'm going to an open track day at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville NJ so I'll be hammering on the car for very extend periods. So whatever will get too hot will happen tomorrow or never. For track days I use two DEI "titanium" turbo exhaust housing blankets to help contain some of that heat; my manifolds and downpipes are high temp ceramic coated. I was hoping ^ she'd go with me but I haven't heard from her yet :(

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sorry dude, she's gotta work too... these streets don't walk themselves. :p

Why not run the turbo blankets all the time?

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
Because I love how the TiAL exhaust housing look so I hate to cover them up...even with the nice DEI titanium blankets which I think look good. Actually, I rushed out of the house this morning and forgot to take the blankets with me. I was driving pretty damn hard and expected things to get quite hot but right after pulling in after a session I touched the hood and it was ridiculously cool. So that shiney bikini must work pretty good.

For some reason I noticed it more today...how much a track day pumps up my adrenaline. Everything on the car worked great and I was driving pretty good, too. Here's a pic

p1700168_1.jpg

I sort of "took a wrong turn" and ended up in the grass. Which is the only way the Ford GT would catch me!

p1700168_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I wish I had a track to play around with... these cars are just too much fun to not hoon about in them. :)