How Bout Some life in Here ?

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
I agree. I think more of the MKIV guys on SupraForums need to come over there. IMHO at SupraForums the people sometimes come off as rude and arrogant, and it's a lame forum overall. Of course, I didn't say that though..

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
There are a few MKIV owners here (myself included) although not as many as I'd like... We've certainly got the knowledge and experience here to support the MKIV. ;)

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
SupraMedical68;1694427 said:
...rude and arrogant...

I was just googling "rude and arrogant" in search of new friends who are like me, and luckily I stumbled upon this thread! Hi fellow R & A's!

If I may indulge the knowledge and experience of fellow Supramaniacs: I seek guidance in a matter of design and taste and would like opinions. I just got a Seibon type TJ cf front lip. I really like it, but now I'm wondering if it needs some balance from sideskirts. I can't believe I'm going down this road because generally I thought I was a stock body guy. But now that the lip is on, I think some kind of subtle sideskirts may balance the lines from front to back better than the stock sideskirts. Agree or not? here's a pic:

p1694896_1.jpg

p1694896_2.jpg

nicedudenicedreams

Nov 30, 2010
Bay Area
SupraMedical68;1694427 said:
I agree. I think more of the MKIV guys on SupraForums need to come over there. IMHO at SupraForums the people sometimes come off as rude and arrogant, and it's a lame forum overall. Of course, I didn't say that though..

I wouldn't say the forum is lame, but I agree, at times, those MKIV guys over there seem a little rude to the noobs like me.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Nick 95 6sp;1694896 said:
I was just googling "rude and arrogant" in search of new friends who are like me, and luckily I stumbled upon this thread! Hi fellow R & A's!

If I may indulge the knowledge and experience of fellow Supramaniacs: I seek guidance in a matter of design and taste and would like opinions. I just got a Seibon type TJ cf front lip. I really like it, but now I'm wondering if it needs some balance from sideskirts. I can't believe I'm going down this road because generally I thought I was a stock body guy. But now that the lip is on, I think some kind of subtle sideskirts may balance the lines from front to back better than the stock sideskirts. Agree or not? here's a pic:

[thumb]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/nickjt/my%20supra%20stuff/002.jpg[/thumb][thumb]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/nickjt/my%20supra%20stuff/001.jpg[/thumb]

The Stillen skirts would probably look good with that lip, provided they were installed professionally.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
How about this, one of you guys gives me your Mk4 to take care of, and I'll start posting in this section more frequently? Seriously though, I'd love to have one someday, but until the Mk3 is finished, my priorities lie with that car.

Nick, I could go either way with that lip. It looks good where it is now, but some subtle skirts couldn't hurt, if (like SC said) they were installed correctly. Otherwise the car looks beautiful. :)

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
Thanks, guys.

Based on your suggestion, I just looked at pics of the Stillen skirts. I'll let it grow on me a bit and see what I think since I'm not used to thinking about body alterations. First impression of the Stillen is the front edge sticks out sideways a bit too much for my taste, sort of like the front lower edge flares outward, and the rear duct has a sharper flatter line along the top which I have to think about. This angle shows what I mean:

p1695868_1.jpg

But thanks for the suggestions.

A local buddy has the OEM JDM sideskirts on his RSP MkIV so I'll check them out...not even sure if any could be found. Plus I think I'm being fickle since now that I noticed a few other Supras with front lips that hang as low as this Seibon and they're still using stock sideskirts, I'm getting more OK with leaving as is for now.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Nick 95 6sp;1695868 said:
First impression of the Stillen is the front edge sticks out sideways a bit too much for my taste, sort of like the front lower edge flares outward, and the rear duct has a sharper flatter line along the top which I have to think about

They take a bit of getting used to. We had them on the dragcar:

dragcar4.jpg

dragcar6.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Supracentral;1696433 said:
Every time I see that divot in the middle, it always looks like someone dented it.

Looks almost like the e36 M3 "Luxury" model side skirts. (M3 that came with non-"twisty" side skirts, wood trim interior, etc...)

Nick 95 6sp

Ported & Polished
Sep 5, 2007
S.E. PA
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm going to keep looking at some of these skirts online and with a big N.E. show coming up Apr 17 (StreetWars7) I think I'll even see some in person.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Yea, seeing them in person really makes a difference. Photos (especially online digital ones) don't always do a car justice.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
nicedudenicedreams;1695363 said:
I wouldn't say the forum is lame, but I agree, at times, those MKIV guys over there seem a little rude to the noobs like me.

I wouldn't limit it to the 'owners' of a specific generation of car over there. IMO most of the jerks don't own a Supra of any variant.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack;1696637 said:
I wouldn't limit it to the 'owners' of a specific generation of car over there. IMO most of the jerks don't own a Supra of any variant.

The vast majority of people over there don't own a Supra. I'm pretty certain Supra owners are in the minority.

shaeff;1696662 said:
Like IJ. ::moebaker::

You're the kind of person who goes to the zoo and pokes at the tiger through the bars with a stick, aren't you? :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Supracentral;1696777 said:
The vast majority of people over there don't own a Supra. I'm pretty certain Supra owners are in the minority.

Well they only made what, ~250,000 of them? Can't be all that many actual 'owners' out there considering how many of us own more than one...