How about a V8 supra

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
worth doing? depends how bad YOU want it. If you want it bad enough then id say its worth it. My buddy suggested a 5.7 from tundra, twin turbo or supercharged, holy fun. If it would fit of course

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
There are two or three members on the site in the process of doing this. One is staying NA and adding a turbo or two, or a supercharger, after he gets the kinks worked out. Another is supposed to be starting with a twin turbo set up.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
+1 for you............Thanks for not falling victim to the "Just put a 350 in it" type of thinking. I swear I want to puke every time I see someone suggest that.

I say do the research, go for it, post a pictorial on how you did it step by step, and report back what you think of it a month or two after you finish. Find the posts by the members that Quin talked about, and PM those guys for pointers. It's not a widely swapped engine yet, but a few success stories could change that.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
If you do it I will make you my hero for a day.:)

Seriously, though, it comes down to what you want. It's a pretty new swap so more custom fabrication and less expert advice can be expected compared to other engine swaps. But there's something to be said for being one of the very first to try it. If you're planning on swapping anyway, and have the means to try this swap, I would say go for it.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I remembered the names. Mikesracing or something like that, up in Michigan, and CJsupra90. I also now recall another member, but I cannot remember his name.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Actually the swap was less involved as far as I can tell than my 1J swap, seriously.. now the components are probably a little harder to come by, but a guy at the shop had one and he did it himself and it didnt seem to trouble him much.

If I were to do a supra over it would be an F/I 1UZ.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
marcbeatty;1020024 said:
This might not be welcomed, but has anyone ever put an RB26DETT in an mkiii?

LOL! People Swap Our JZ's into Nissans!

But there was a Trini Fellow who bought a MK3 with a RB20 in it (Didn't Run)

marcbeatty

Apr 1, 2005
Small town, IN
ohhh......well, I was thinking about it from a 7M perspective. The JZ swap is common for obvious reasons, but it would seem that the RB26 would be novel mostly b/c I've never heard anyone do it before.

Does anyone know what the advantages/disadvantages of an RB26 would be when compared to a 2JZ?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
ppl swap JZ's into nissans because 99% of the time parts are easier to source and or cheaper, let alone component quality itself.. generally the motors are in higher abundance as well (26 vs. others [the 25 i wont touch in this case])

I absolutely love the RB and will defend it, but to swap it in over a 1J or a 2J to me is rather dumb. It's more work for a motor that costs more on average to buy as a motorset, add that to the price to modify them. this is assuming youre coming from a 7m of some sort.

the ends do not justify the means no matter how you put it, its just a cool motor and something to get props for. ITB's are pretty bad ass though haha.. as is their standard variable inlet cam timing AFAIK ;)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
It has been done before a few times. They also make motormounts for MKIIs that allow it to bolt into their chassis, and I think you may be able to get the same for a MKIII. I would personally start with an SC400, looks to be a little more room in the engine bay for a couple of snails. 2 ct26s at 14 psi should be great, and good for a decent amount of HP.

mkIIIReed

Heavy Metal
Feb 26, 2008
Tucson, Arizona, USA
seen a few 3UZ swaps more recently into things like IS300's, MKIV's, and even a Lexus Wagon. I also read that the 3UZ longblock is 60lbs lighter than the 2jz longblock (no turbos or manifold), so it'd be a tremendous weight reduction compared to the 7m. Pair that with a Getrag from the MKIV and you're talking serious weight loss.