Hot Weather Run... BETTER ANGLE NOW!

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
nice videos man you were really hauling ass one of my favorite supras i love how you do it old school

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
JDMMA70;1353887 said:
nice videos man you were really hauling ass one of my favorite supras i love how you do it old school

Really appreciate the kind words! I feel like I'm doing this all in a "vacuum" sometimes, as my networking is limited mostly to this forum... and my general agenda is "stealth" and "sleeper" (i.e.: DON'T attract much attention!;)) so my exposure is pretty limited to such tomfoolery as this thread!:biglaugh:

TOYOTA... I love what you do for me! (crisp jumps like a Leprecaun and kicks heals!):biglaugh:

-crisp

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
crisp;1353895 said:
Really appreciate the kind words! I feel like I'm doing this all in a "vacuum" sometimes, as my networking is limited mostly to this forum... and my general agenda is "stealth" and "sleeper" (i.e.: DON'T attract much attention!;)) so my exposure is pretty limited to such tomfoolery as this thread!:biglaugh:

TOYOTA... I love what you do for me! (crisp jumps like a Leprecaun and kicks heals!):biglaugh:

-crisp

Haha on my dealer brochure it says "Who could ask for anything more"

I cant wait till my project is finished, everytime i watch these videos i want it to be done already.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
I like that angle. Can you get it back in the center lower than it was so you can see down the road and not see your face in the mirror.

I love my V1, hearing yours on the video puts me into INSTANT alert mode. LOL.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Damn, these are some sweet vids. The first two vids are real good, love the angle though it would of been a lot better to see through the windshield instead of the rear view mirror. Your car sounds real good and seems like it hauls ass. Also like the quality of the vids, especially compared to many others.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
arz;1354810 said:
I like that angle. Can you get it back in the center lower than it was so you can see down the road and not see your face in the mirror.

I love my V1, hearing yours on the video puts me into INSTANT alert mode. LOL.

Yeah, I'll try that arrangement again, but lower. It's really TRICKY to get a mount that is SECURE enough to be stable and HANDLE the acceleration, side-load, and deceleration g's! I'm missing a center neck (pipe) w/ball-head that would improve my flexibility in view, but I'm looking for it.;)

EDIT: By the way, Andy... those are YOUR WILWOOD KIT hauling me down to "half-speed" from buck-twenty/thirty to double nickle in a couple of those clips! Just AWESOME! (I gotta swap out my LAME-O rear stockies, which turn to putty after very hard braking over and over. The Wilwood's are REALLY good at hauling it down, but you can FEEL the ass-end PUSHING all it's weight on them, and the tail goes a bit light and loose causing the front end to "squirm" under the limits of the rubber/suspension to the road. I'm sure hard-clamping rears would alleviate a lot of that! ...hmmm... let's see, a SALE you say???;))

Supra28;1354899 said:
Damn, these are some sweet vids. The first two vids are real good, love the angle though it would of been a lot better to see through the windshield instead of the rear view mirror. Your car sounds real good and seems like it hauls ass. Also like the quality of the vids, especially compared to many others.

Yes, that view was better! I'll do it with a heavily overcast day to even the lighting in/out, and it should really look better. The mirror is a H-U-G-E "doubling" mirror from Japan (brand=BROADWAY) and GREAT for rear visibility, but actually OBSTRUCTS a huge part of the front-view even from the driver's seat, especially if you are TALL! (I, fortunately, am only 5'10'.:))

I'm getting some of these to prepare comparison when observing car performance behavior between now and the upcoming spool change...

Thanks!

-crisp

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Nice man, i liked all three but the third one had to be the best imo, And I like the mirror. I seen one of them at sumit with a lil video part for the reverse camera display

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
IJ.;1355744 said:
The head helps ;)

NO DOUBT!

...heck, the car could RUN with just the IJ head for that matter!;)

(Good to have the block under it to "hold the front end of the car down, I guess...;))

Thanks for the looks, guys.

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Here's the LATEST view!

(Bogged the launch trying to "nurse it", especially on the COURSE pavement in this spot!:cry:)

I like this angle! Gets the metrics well, very central, and exposure is ALMOST workable! (Need some more light on the dials in the tree-line!)

What do you guys think about THIS camera mount! About the best I can do without "articulation" equipment for the bogen.:naughty:

PS: Runs into the shade there after the dozen mark, but it does TOUCH the one-four-o right at about 5200rpm or so. I shouldn't do that so close to the deer-wall.:nono:

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/crispone/crispvids/?action=view&current=R0019998.flv

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
Poodles;1357309 said:
What suspension are you running?

Late '80s original HKS EAC-T (with TEMS Suspension System - p/n 8630xx-11026L) LOL!:biglaugh: I still have the original HKS (Performance/Competition Products) Product documentation that came with it! Even provides the installation camber/caster/toe-in for front/rear setup.;) It was on the car when I got it. TEMS, struts, springs, full suspension "dial-in" complete. Just before the pull in the vid, I FORGOT to put it in HARD mode, but since I was in MED on AUTO, it kicked me into HARD as I launch, and HOLDS IT straight through the complete clip. (TEMS lights just next to 2~3 o'clock on the steering wheel... start with TWO, then go THREE and stay.)

I don't know anyone else with this complete setup on a Supra. I know it was considered SALTY back when the guy had it put on in '90 or '91, but I found it in a price guide from '95 indicating $1,450.95. It's firmer than oem "SPORT" mode when it's in SOFT setting, but not harsh at all, rather, really SMOOOTH. SUPER as a highway car... and in HARD mode, the behavior of these OLD legs is really outstanding. You can see the controlled "jouncing" under decel, and on/off throttle is REALLY stable compared to other supra's I've been in. I'm running 17" rims with 235/50 rubber for both the "sleeper" stance AND how well they ride with these shocks. The car tracks dead nuts, and tires wear as evenly as any I've ever seen in a million + miles of driving over my short life.

I keep crossing my fingers that the whole setup holds up, as it's really something I have no intention nor desire to change.;)

-crisp