Holy Grail of all Hot Hatchbacks - and it's NOT a Honda Civic

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nalleywhacker;1659906 said:
Id take a starlet over it anyday! there rwd and look better! plus they toyota!

Think you missed the part about the Sunbeam being RWD ;)

It's not a BAD car form a performance perspective as in race trim, the engine made as much power as a stock 7M-GTE in a car that's probably half the weight. Good engine and suspension, but the rest is pretty shoddy from what I see from that resto thread.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
Poodles;1659926 said:
Think you missed the part about the Sunbeam being RWD ;)

It's not a BAD car form a performance perspective as in race trim, the engine made as much power as a stock 7M-GTE in a car that's probably half the weight. Good engine and suspension, but the rest is pretty shoddy from what I see from that resto thread.

no i got the rwd part, but the starlet is as well so defeating the purpose of getting the crappy expensive lotus.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
While I may somewhat agree with you, the starlet makes 1/3 the power of the Lotus and wasn't designed for racing but for gas milage... Plus, finding one...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, I guess everyone has there own taste. Some people like the looks of Gremlins, Pacers and Pintos.

Wait, hold on a second, no-one likes the looks of those 3 cars....they are epic ugly. The Cube and element are apparently trying very hard to out ugly them nowadays. And getting damned close to surpassing that kinda ugly.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The pacer can burn in hell, but the other two had one thing going for them.....V8 bolts right in. Also, the gremlin has so little rear overhang it can do some epic wheelies :rofl:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1660034 said:
The pacer can burn in hell, but the other two had one thing going for them.....V8 bolts right in. Also, the gremlin has so little rear overhang it can do some epic wheelies :rofl:
[video=youtube;Ea3oUnNfixw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea3oUnNfixw[/video]

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
IJ.;1660276 said:
Ex GF had a Hornet back in the day, I'd kill to own one now :)

for the last time, you can't own women..!!!!
unless you have the money, if so meet me out back and we can discuss this further...get it...OUTBACK..?!? HAR DE HAR HAR!!!

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
Poodles;1660024 said:
While I may somewhat agree with you, the starlet makes 1/3 the power of the Lotus and wasn't designed for racing but for gas milage... Plus, finding one...

I have one ;) and swap 13b and problem solved!