HOLY CRAP MK3 5spd 7m 10.2@136.5!!!!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
EDIT: if the links in this post dont work scroll down someone hosted them! thanks!

if the owner of this car is on here too let me know!! i saw this on SF and had to cross post it...

this is amazing! and i gotta say...the second vid of this mk3 against arguably THE FASTEST 6spd mk4 in the world(RYAN WOON)...made me cream my pants lol...one of the most awesome things ive ever seen.

this just shows...with the right parts and time and money the mk3 can be made just as fast as the mk4!

this is for all the mk4 nuthangers :doublebir

http://www.streamload.com/Deliver/4/611FA7A5-36A5-4D90-9F00-97CC4EE03C0F/Playlist.asx

http://www.streamload.com/Deliver/5/611FA7A5-36A5-4D90-9F00-97CC4EE03C0F/Playlist.asx

man VEGAS IS GONNA BE BADASS THIS YEAR!!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
ugh...sorry guys..thats all i was given...NO ONE has hosted these vids yet... i just click on the links and they work for me...

i dont know why they dont work for you guys :(.... im practically begging someone to host them so they can be saved to my comp... ill post up if im able to

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Sick! Who is that?

Two things about the race against the yellow car. First, what's up with the yellow cars launch? Second, did the wheels come of the ground after shifting to second?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
bobiseverywhere - did you try the links in post #8?

rakkasan - I get the suspicion they are bracket racing - so the slower car will start first, then the faster car will start later, by the number of seconds faster it should be. In theory, both cars should hit the finish line at exactly the same time.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I like the open DP fireball in the MKIV race! Thats a sick MKIII, by the sound you can definatley tell its a 7m!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
GrimJack said:

rakkasan - I get the suspicion they are bracket racing - so the slower car will start first, then the faster car will start later, by the number of seconds faster it should be. In theory, both cars should hit the finish line at exactly the same time.

i dont think they were bracket racing...i just think he sat at the line until he got the revs where he wanted them to get the right launch..... since the time wont start until you leave the line ....the reason i say tat is because im sure he dialed in a 10.5ish and woon im sure dialed in a 9.5ish so in your theory woon should have waited a second in their race and he didnt....

either way :D

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
The video is of tony i believe he lives in las vegas and that video is from the las vegas drag strip. He is the guy last year that put down 700+ hp and also the one who suffered from a nitrous explosion and blew the intake manifold into peices.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
whitemk3 said:
The video is of tony i believe he lives in las vegas and that video is from the las vegas drag strip. He is the guy last year that put down 700+ hp and also the one who suffered from a nitrous explosion and blew the intake manifold into peices.

yeah thats what i figured...

i really wish someone would give up his setup..namely the turbo hes running..and id love to see engine bay shots...

is he still running stock internals?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
GrimJack said:

It just looks like they decided to learn how to drive a manual tranny during the launch. To put it mildly, the launch sucked :wuteva:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Idealsupra said:
yeah thats what i figured...

i really wish someone would give up his setup..namely the turbo hes running..and id love to see engine bay shots...

is he still running stock internals?
IIRC, the fellow who blew his nitrous in the intake was the 900 hp monster, he is running a larger turbo and LOTS of nitrous on a built motor.

The other guy at Vegas who is running stock internals was *only* pushing out 600+ hp IIRC.

There were pictures posted of the 900+ hp engine bay, both before and after the nitrous explosion. Might turn up under a search on SF for SILV 2004... Or Keith might be able to point you towards them if you ask.