Help me diagnose what is wrong with my 88 7mgte!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Yeah, screws that stick up on the engine need to be connected to hoses. Come on son, I understand you're new at this but if you're old enough to drive you're old enough not to be this much of an idiot. If there isn't a fitting sticking up below the TPS the hose will need to be connected elsewhere to the intake manifold. If the vacuum manifold is missing you'd have all kinds of hoses goofed up so I'm guessing it's there. You could be missing the short hose that comes up from underneath. Look. Or take a photo of the left side of the intake so we can see what the deal is.

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
jetjock said:
Yeah, screws that stick up on the engine need to be connected to hoses. Come on son, I understand you're new at this but if you're old enough to drive you're old enough not to be this much of an idiot. If there isn't a fitting sticking up below the TPS the hose will need to be connected elsewhere to the intake manifold. If the vacuum manifold is missing you'd have all kinds of hoses goofed up so I'm guessing it's there. You could be missing the short hose that comes up from underneath. Look. Or take a photo of the left side of the intake so we can see what the deal is.
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/rickdapimp/DSCF0006.jpg you probably didn't catch it in the previous posts...

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
hey i take that back . that very first picture is messed me up and Jetjock was right . That 1/4 hose on very first picture is vacuum hose that suppose to hook to 1/4 steel tube just straigth down below , the function of this hose is to help bov to open when under vacuum and close when under boost. You can't miss it , i can take a picture tonight if you need . but i'm currently at work.

Last edited:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
supra4: I saw the photo. How do you think I know what the hose is for?

Underneath the intake manifold there is a mess of little piping, a vacuum distribution sort of deal. It gets fed from the left end of the intake manifold by a small 90 degree hose. Lots of things connect to this vacuum "tree" but you have to look under the intake to see it. Anyway, under there is a little pipe that has a short hose connected to it. The hose comes up through the intake runners and ends in a fitting. The fitting is bolted to the head down behind the TPS. That's where your mystery hose connects to.

jtran8: I can see how you missed it. I had to look closely myself. His hand being there doesn't help.

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
jtran8 said:
hey i take that back . that very first picture is messed me up and Jetjock was right . That 1/4 hose on very first picture is vacuum hose that suppose to hook to 1/4 steel tube just straigth down below , the function of this hose is to help bov to open when under vacuum and close when under boost. You can't miss it , i can take a picture tonight if you need . but i'm currently at work.
so when i hook it up right i should get some more boost?

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
i will fix that this weekend...i don't even have my license until october so i wanna have it in good running condition to show off at school!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Meh, you'll do OK. Sorry to be a bit hard on you but if you come across as helpless many knowledgeable people will pass you by. Show them you're making an effort, even a small one, to help yourself and they'll be happy to help you more. It's human nature. At least this human...