Help me diagnose what is wrong with my 88 7mgte!

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
ATL88Supra said:
oh im sorry it is the icv

i think that is what its called....... all of the damn 3 letter combos get confuseing

lmfao yeah i know...well i just emailed my brother and we are heading down to the junkyard this weekend...PICK YOUR PART!!!! HELL YEAH!:biglaugh:

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
for that broken wire all u have to do is take the rubbler seal off the back of the harness clip where the wire broke off. take a small flat head kinda like the one use to fix eye glasses. then slide the flat head into the hole where u pulled out the rubber seal. there should be a little slot so u can jiggle to loosen and pulle out the littel metal terminal. use the same flat head to pry the old peice of wire off the metal terminal. then run the broken wire to the terminal, fold the metal flaps over wire and stick it back in the plastic clip. now its fixed.
for the cold start injector time switch harness that is broken. use the same little flathead and remove the terminals from the clip. by remoing the rubber seal underneath then pry a little or break the clip, then connect directly without the plastic. just make sure u know which wire is to where.
but i really think u should just plug the broke clip up to the cold start injjector time swicth and zip tie it. get a little nail file or your sisters emery board and sand all the rust and oxidation off the switch befor reconnection.

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
ImperfectSupra said:
for that broken wire all u have to do is take the rubbler seal off the back of the harness clip where the wire broke off. take a small flat head kinda like the one use to fix eye glasses. then slide the flat head into the hole where u pulled out the rubber seal. there should be a little slot so u can jiggle to loosen and pulle out the littel metal terminal. use the same flat head to pry the old peice of wire off the metal terminal. then run the broken wire to the terminal, fold the metal flaps over wire and stick it back in the plastic clip. now its fixed.
for the cold start injector time switch harness that is broken. use the same little flathead and remove the terminals from the clip. by remoing the rubber seal underneath then pry a little or break the clip, then connect directly without the plastic. just make sure u know which wire is to where.
but i really think u should just plug the broke clip up to the cold start injjector time swicth and zip tie it. get a little nail file or your sisters emery board and sand all the rust and oxidation off the switch befor reconnection.
thanks but i jacked the thermal plug up already lol but imma jack one from the junkyard on saturday though...hope it looks good...and which one is the cold start injector time switch??

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
supra4ever68 said:
thanks but i jacked the thermal plug up already lol but imma jack one from the junkyard on saturday though...hope it looks good...and which one is the cold start injector time switch??
the one u called thermal plug

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
the thermal plug is the thing next to the thermostat that is all oxydated...so how do i go about fixing the broken wire?? please explain in more detail...

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
supra4ever68 said:
the thermal plug is the thing next to the thermostat that is all oxydated...so how do i go about fixing the broken wire?? please explain in more detail...
take the circular rubber seal off from where the wire broke on the clip, then use the smallest flat head and slide it down the slot where u remove the rubber seal. there should be a small metal peice that u push away from the plastic clip, while doing that use needle nose pliers and pull out the meat terminal at the same time, take the old wire off of the metal clip, strip the wire that u want to connedt to the terminal, use fine sand paper and sand the oxidation off the wire then attach to the terminal and fold the metal flaps over. stick the terminal back in the plastic clip and then connect back to isc

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
When I said you need to look up 41, I meant you need to see what circuit 41 is. A code does not mean you have broken parts. It means the ECU is not seeing the voltage it knows it is supposed to be seeing.

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
that smaller hose (1/4 I/D ) connect to ISC is coolant hose , it need to connect to 1/4 steel coolant tube right below ISC . You'll need to remove ISC to hook it up.

Last edited:

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
jtran8 said:
that smaller hose (1/4 I/D ) connect to ISC is coolant hose , it need to connect to 1/4 steel coolant tube right below ISC . You'll need to remove ISC to hook it up.
tha might be the reason u over heat because u are losing coolant through that line

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
jtran8 said:
hey you think you can give me a good pic of how it's supposed to look??

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Man, this thread is painful to read. It's not a coolant hose. It's the hose that runs your compressor bypass valve. Look down behind the TPS and you should see a connection for it sticking up. If it's not there someone has left out the vacuum manifold that is bolted under the intake. If so connect the hose to anywhere on the intake manifold.

supra4ever68

Dec 6, 2006
Anaheim, CA
weird man very weird...there is nothing behind the tps so i just put it on one of the screws stick up from the engine lol...is that ok? it fits perfect so i just thought that might be it...