~HELP~ Lower control arm bolt...*pic*

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
I've been trying to get this bolt off for sometime now.. i got the other side off no problem and i've tried everything, torch, PB blaster, Air rachet gun... It'll turn and everything, it just won't come out, i've smacked at the thing so hard for so long .... any ideas? i've melted the bushing and the bolt will turn, it just won't come out....

p186730_1.jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Sawzall.

Is it frozen to the steel collar? It very well could be, and then you'd be in trouble. What I would do is watch the bolt when you turn it. If the collar moves, then the bolt is frozen to it inside. You're gonna need to use that sawzall and cut the bolt, make sure to get as close to the collar as you can, and since the bushing is junk now, all you have to do is press it out and have a new one pressed in.
This time, when replacing the bolt, use some anti sieze where it passes through the collar.

bhgmaster

Mar 17, 2006
so cal
its gonna take a while but take a hacksaw and cut the bolt on both sides on the INSIDE closest to the the bolt hole of the arm... then punch out the rest later...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
lol, I hadn't noticed that you have completely annihilated that arm...

At this point, everything goes, so do whatever you can, paying only caution to the subframe. I would torch it until it's molten steel... but that's just me.

Stu_22

Mar 27, 2006
England
I got the same problem with the top long bolt on the suspension. I hope my air hammer will shift it

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
torch = bad idea makes the steel very soft and kidna wreaks the mealt where it has bean heated

just it off angle grind hack saw sawall

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
sawzall, how about drilling it out...might take a while but if you had a good set of cobalt bits (one big enough at least) you could take most of the mass out of the bolt so it almost collapses when you hit it with anything else.