Help!! Just Got Apexi S-afc Do Any One Know How To Tune It

88turbosup

May 10, 2005
fortwalton beach,florida
:dunno: OK I JUST PICKED UP S-AFC2 I HAVE LEXUS AFM, 550,INTAKEBOOST CONTROLLER,STOCK TURBO RUNNING 15-17 PSI,STOCK EXAUST AND I NEED HELP TUNING THIS THING. I DONT WANT TO HAVE IT DYNO TUNED IT UNTILL I GET FULL EXAUST AN TURBO UPGRADE.CAN ANY ONE HELP. :aigo:

Last edited:

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
You're Running 17 Psi On Stock Exhaust? That's Amazing! You Need To Monitor Your Air Fuel Ratio In Order To Know What Adjustments To Make To Your Afc. If You Don't Have A Wideband Then You Need To Take Your Vehicle To A Dyno So That They Can Monitor Your Air Fuel Ratio While Tuning Your Afc.

WTF!??! I replied to this guy in all caps and the forum put it into normal people talk... why didn't it work for his post???

J

JerzeySlowpra

haha i was running 10.1 a/f on the dyno this weekend, that shits fun... not really

kulangflow

Celica All-trac Turbo
Mar 30, 2005
UT
Justin said:
If You Don't Have A Wideband Then You Need To Take Your Vehicle To A Dyno So That They Can Monitor Your Air Fuel Ratio While Tuning Your Afc.

Hmmmm ... I'm actually in a similar situation with my SAFC2. It's installed, but I haven't tuned it yet because I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

Mods: 3" exhaust, K&N FIPK, Profec B, HK$ MHG (tq'd to 90 ft-lbs)

So, my understanding is:

1) dyno the car w/ a/f monitor up the tail-pipe
2) review the print-out ... add/subtract fuel up the RPM range wherever the graph flucuates above or below 11.5-11.8.
3) repeat a couple more times til the entire a/f line is between 11.5-11.8

Is that about right, or am I off my rocker?

Thanks!

Brian

Last edited:

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
Bingo kulangflow, I'm in the same situation as well. Just strapped for cash and waiting to take to the dyno. Let them tune it and never look back.
STOCK TURBO RUNNING 15-17 PSI,STOCK EXAUST

Please please please go and get an exhaust. Thats just criminal.

88turbosup

May 10, 2005
fortwalton beach,florida
I know i need exaust but trying to hold off till turbo arives. But im thing about it selling and goning 89 up im still having more problems besides s-afc2 tuning. Just put tranny back in tuesday because of broken snap ring in tranny and busted power steering pressure hose. Just had it rebuilt in jan because of 1st gear thrust washer. But now its running again it runs like shit turn boost controller up to 15psi and it hit and stays at about 11 psi and a cloud of black smoke is coming for exaust checked ic hoses 2clamps where loose tighten them up and still having same problem and aslo hearing an poping noise for rear end when takeing off what shoud doo with this thing. :icon_ques

88turbosup

May 10, 2005
fortwalton beach,florida
Well i figured out the boost problem today one of the vacum line goning to the boost controler the wastgate had a hole in it and the noise is coming form the rear diff :kloguck: . Is their out their that has a good rear diff for sell

Z

ztosupra

well it sounds like with the vacuum leak you were running lean. that would explain the black smoke. maybe its the U-joint popping? thats just a wild guess. good luck getting everything fixed

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
88turbosup said:
Well i figured out the boost problem today one of the vacum line goning to the boost controler the wastgate had a hole in it and the noise is coming form the rear diff :kloguck: . Is their out their that has a good rear diff for sell

i have one PM me for info...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Idealsupra said:
haha nah... i have two parts cars worth of stuff lying around... including two 3.91 LSDs :D
Q: How can you tell you're a Supra Owner?

A: When you have almost enough spare parts to build a second car! ;)

Continued in OT!

Last edited:

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
IJ. said:
Q: How can you tell you're a Supra Owner?

A: When you have almost enough spare parts to build a second car! ;)

Continued in OT!

haha actually i DO have enough parts to build at LEAST 2 cars :D

before tuesday i had 3 engines in the garage :D but i sold one to someone rebuilding...now i have two... i think im gonna rebuild both of them and find some cars with nice shells and drop them in and revive a few supras for people to enjoy...