Help!!1!11!!!

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
Ok, so I have been doing a rebuild as some of you may know. The car... 88 supra, the motor... 7M-GE 24x,xxx

SO I thought it was a bhg BUT I dont think that is what it is.

Here is some pics to explain. When I had the car running, it ran rough, barly stayed at idle. Motor was shaking, and it was maying a water flowing noise about where the firewall was. So I started removing the head and today I got there. But the headgasket is onl;y broken by ONE of the cylinders. So what could my problem be.

4290756033_5889ca5cd0.jpg

4291496318_11cedf32b5.jpg

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
dude what kind of camera do you have?
and this is kinda like my thread i just posted right before you lol. mine did the weird idle thing for awhile too when i first got the car and i heard that sound right behind the firewall too but i ignored it (facepalm) and now my whole cooling system is getting messed up.
now i think i have a BHG but i keep goin back and forth, i just need to do it anyway lol

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
I have a D300. And I didnt know it was BHG either. I saw ur thread earlier. idk what to tell u. Im getting a motor and trans and doing a swap anyway so idk just wanted to see what was up.

Do I guess I do have a blown HG

EDIT: Just saw pics sweet a BHG cool now I have a goal, to buy a new hg lol. So if I buy another, do I HAVE to resurface the block, since it looks ok

ben1984j

Jan 18, 2009
Ft. Collins, CO
Lienhop Photo;1494828 said:
Just saw pics sweet a BHG cool now I have a goal, to buy a new hg lol. So if I buy another, do I HAVE to resurface the block, since it looks ok

Shouldn't have to if you're just getting another stock HG...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Lienhop Photo;1494828 said:
So if I buy another, do I HAVE to resurface the block, since it looks ok

Definitely not. Unless the block is warped or you want to use a metal head gasket (NOT needed for an NA) then you can simply clean the old material off the block and use copper spray on the new gasket.

It's a great idea to get the head milled though. Personally, I would never skip milling the head. It's cheap and needed after most bhg.

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
suprarx7nut;1494883 said:
Definitely not. Unless the block is warped or you want to use a metal head gasket (NOT needed for an NA) then you can simply clean the old material off the block and use copper spray on the new gasket.

It's a great idea to get the head milled though. Personally, I would never skip milling the head. It's cheap and needed after most bhg.

Well what about those pistons. Good idea to get some new ones from DM.com
its only 120

Lienhop Photo

Aug 3, 2009
Wilmington NC
So from the pictures do you think I need to do that, or should I just do the HG and be done with it. I mean it was filled with bad oil and anti freeze in the 4th and 5gth piston