Hella H4 or E codes?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Huh? They are definitely still made. Cibie is an OEM manufacturer of lighting for for alot of "E-cars" like my wife's Volvo.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

Poodles;1531104 said:
Cibie are no longer made.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Luxembourg = "low on the scale", boy are they gonna be pissed! :)

The uppercase "E" in a circle means the device is type approved to an ECE Regulation, while the lowercase "e" in a box indicates the device is type approved to an EEC Directive. It's rare to find one marking without the other, since the requirements are essentially identical. The number after the "E" or "e" signifies the country in which approval was granted. This doesn't necessarily indicate anything about the quality or performance of the device, though some countries' test-and-approval labs have reputations for being much stricter and others have reputations for being quite lax. The number also doesn't indicate where the device was designed or manufactured. Under ECE and EEC regulations, an item of motor vehicle equipment type approved in any ECE or EEC member country is acceptable for use in any other country that permits or requires vehicles and vehicle components conforming to ECE or EEC safety regulations. Here is a breakout chart of the numbers:

* 1 Germany
* 2 France
* 3 Italy
* 4 Netherlands
* 5 Sweden
* 6 Belgium
* 7 Hungary
* 8 Czecheslovakia
* 9 Spain
* 10 Yugoslavia
* 11 United Kingdom
* 12 Austria
* 13 Luxembourg
* 14 Switzerland
* 15 (currently vacant)
* 16 Norway
* 17 Finland
* 18 Denmark
* 19 Romania
* 20 Poland
* 21 Portugal
* 22 Russia
* 23 Greece
* 24 Ireland
* 25 Croatia
* 26 Slovenia
* 27 Slovakia

HIDPLANET;1530919 said:
Dont fall for just any lamp that claims to be E-Code stamped, some are rated at e13 which is very low on the scale.
Stick with Hella E-code H4;s and you will be good. Ive always ordered from rallylights.com. They focus the light on the road providing better spread and a petty good pattern overall for a reflector based lamp.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
I don't suggest ordering from rally lights I have been waiting a month for my set and they are located in PA..When I got a hold of them a week and a half ago they stated the lights would be out in 5 days ( waiting for hella to produce more)..But I still don't have mine... Most of the time they dont pick up the phone either

- my experience so far

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Then that means they haven't received their shipment from Hella yet. Same issue with all vendors that are at the mercy of a supplier. E-mail them first.

So far as I read cibie had stopped production on our style housings, they may have started back up again though. Also keep in mind Daniel Stern's site is a list, you actually have to contact him to order anything...

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I stand corrected. It's been a while since I ordered from him. I suppose it makes sense that all the old standard headlight sizes will be discontinued at some point since nothing has come off the line with them for years.