Hella E-codes?

suprasnd

Jul 14, 2007
Flinton, PA
Where the hell can I find the Hella E-codes or equivalent? Been looking everywhere. Can someone here shoot me a website so that I may buy a set and put in my new HID's!

Keith

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
http://www.suprasport.com/Hella-H4_p_84-36.html

WOAH!

HID Retrofits are BAD! Optics are TOTALLY WRONG! http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

To do HID the correct/safe way is expensive.

Upgrade to the Hella H4 lenses and a good set of quality H4 bulbs... then do a rewire so you get all of the power you can to your lights (http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html) and you'll have some amazing lighting - without the pricetag of the HID crap-kit that is likely to fail in less than a year due to inferior parts.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Rice Rice Baby - any "upgrade" that "looks" cool but may actually decrease performance/safety

The saving grace is that he is in PA and I should never face him driving at night.

How could you try something so stupid with a killer name like Keith? Dumb@$$ $#!T like this is for people named Danny. Joke. Even Danny should not be doing stupid stuff like this. No offense intended to any Dannys that may be reading this thread. :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It doesn't blind, I own them myself...

Now if you throw in a normal HID bulb into the E-codes, THEN you will blind people...

Aim them properly and they're fine, my fiance's stock neon blinds worse than mine...

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
suprarx7nut;878117 said:
Are the suprasports really e-codes? I thought they were the DOT version. :dunno:

since it says it remains US-DOT legal.. then no.

Hella makes 2 h4 housings.

One is like vision plus or something like that [DOT]. Another one they make is an actual e-code.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I bought a set from 7M POWER (SM domain owner). They have some aftermarket bulbs in there. Even with those bulbs, it is a world of difference. I still have to get some stockish bulbs and do the rewire.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I bought my ecodes @ Advance Auto Parts ;)

And yes, they come with a paper saying they are OFF ROAD USE ONLY - NOT DOT LEGAL lol

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Doward;878243 said:
I bought my ecodes @ Advance Auto Parts ;)

And yes, they come with a paper saying they are OFF ROAD USE ONLY - NOT DOT LEGAL lol

Thats pretty cool. I've never seen them at our local Advanced Auto. They are worth every penny if you ask me.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
That Supra Sport recommends PIAA bulbs alone would be enough to make me go elsewhere.

Hella is not the only firm to market ecodes. Mine are Cibies, a firm that's no weakling in the lighting field. The bulbs are Osram Euro Silverstars and not the inferior Sylvania stuff marketed in the US.

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
I have the e-codes with osram silverstars (clear)I have this setup for five years now. Measured voltage at the bulbs is only about 2-3 tenths lower than alt. output. My stock wiring must be in very good condition. Both of my other vehicles had at least a 1.5 volt drop. These vehicles are chevy silverado and lincoln continental. Some bosch relays and ten gauge wire fixed that problem. All my cars have the osram silverstars, aimed correctly, and I can see great without blinding other drivers. FWIW, I got all my stuff from rally lights, they are 15 minutes from my home and great to deal with.