Has anyone installed a backup camera in a Supra?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
funny this brought up a story mu buddy had beamer with back up light sencers
goes on that the car is easy as piss to bakc up cause of the sencers they all wasy let you knwo there is some thign behind you and the side

later that day he was backing up rather quickly like 5 k or more and bam hit a parked car

then loud buzzer whent off look over to him said your car telly ou some thign there some behind you and you hit it

replaies back why didn't it go off

going to fast fool

i tested mine in my bimmer if you go to fast they wonte telly ou some thign behind you lol

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Grim, have you found a good double-din screen for a carpc? I've spent a long time looking and they're all crap. All I can find is low quality stuff that you can't see in the day and the touchscreens are cheap resistive films that will fail in a year.

I wish I could find something with the quality of the screen on my Sienna's E7009 factory nav.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
So far, I'm heading for this one: http://www.lilliputweb.net/ts859.html

Still the weak resistive style touch, but I'm planning on using that as little as possible.

As for the location, it's going where the stock radio used to be. I've got one of the aftermarket fiberglass consoles that someone here was manufacturing way back when, and the only holes it has in it are for the climate control and the hazards. Well, and the shifter boot, of course.

Originally, I was going to get a Xenarc 840TSV, which was a Toshiba panel, but they've discontinued that model, so I can't get 800x600 native unless I go for the Lilliput.