Has anyone else run the Ron R FFI with an auto.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I want to find a kick down cable, and wondering if the early 90's 4runner, or something with an a340e has a cable long enough to reach. Anybody have info on this??

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
no, it won't work, you should just give me your ron r manifold....

jk....

I don't know, but if you can't make it work, can I buy your manifold... I want one so bad.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's not worth a crap. You'll only be able to make like 500 rwhp....................:biglaugh:

Sorry for not having an answer, but your car is awesome...............:love:
sucking up makes up for alot of things.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
what about a jdm supra 1ja auto kick down cable/ line pressure cable..

worse case senairo you could take the line off and take it into a specialty shop (winch, hydrolic shop, bike shop?)

im definitly sure there's a way to make this set up work, even if you set up a linkage on the under side of the mani to utlize a the shorter cable..

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
stock cable here, but i dont have the Ron R.

you would be surprised how long the cable is if you unbolt it and reroute it.

here is the bracket sean came up with. turned out real well i think. wot the crimp comes at the end of the boot like it is supposed to.

tn_SUC50264.JPG

NickSupra

Apr 6, 2005
tn
Now that I think of it what he (^) mentioned just might work. It just might reach wihtout it running across the tranny then back over the motor. I was going to try to extend the stock cable myself, but I gave up and sold it before I had a chance. I wish I still had my FFI:cry:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
OK , who wants the mani , I give up!

Not!!!@

I'll see if theres any re-routing I can do but my thottle is out a bit further nd the linkage is on the other side db. I will scavenge ebay for a 4runner cable.