Guv'na's Tavern

jdmfreak;1964301 said:
"cheaper than the diy garage" lol need to know what that is first

$450 for 8 hours probably more for a weekend day. We would need a definitive date to get a more accurate quote. Because we would literally take the whole garage so none of his regular customers could come in. But we will definitely need to get some charcoal and BBQ when we do this.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
And beer. Actually, beer probably won't be allowed at the garage for liability reasons. Damn. Anyway, does this garage include tools? That is a pretty big factor. One thing I would like to do if we get these tech days off the ground is learn how to tint. My car looks awful without tint. I have to make do right now by looking at Derek's car and pretending it is mine. I might actually have to break out the wallet and buy something... I can do wiring for you guys!

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
The main shop tech levi(who drives a supra) and the owner (luis) will be at lightning bolt if we go there they both will probably loan tools as long as they are "signed out and accounted for" 2 lifts will be available and bbq is cool he sounds pretty exited about having it there
Luis says he will be available for questions but will not be working on anyone's cars for liability reasons

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Pyro15D;1964367 said:
...My car looks awful without tint. I have to make do right now by looking at Derek's car and pretending it is mine...

Sounds like something Adam told me once upon a time... everytime he looks at our cars parked next to each other... Now that I think about it, I'm going to stop parking next to Adam just to clear up any confusion on who's car is who's!

On a more serious note: Do either of these shops have a 30 ton press? I will likely need one of these if I'm going to do any sort of transmission work.

Bogwon;1964378 said:
Sounds like something Adam told me once upon a time... everytime he looks at our cars parked next to each other... Now that I think about it, I'm going to stop parking next to Adam just to clear up any confusion on who's car is who's!

On a more serious note: Do either of these shops have a 30 ton press? I will likely need one of these if I'm going to do any sort of transmission work.

He goes out of his way to park next to you. Good luck!

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Bogwon;1964453 said:
I'll be driving the fozzy next meet anyway so that'll confuse him worse than Faye about her forum gender.

But Adam isn't on the forums to be confused!!

Villy253;1964302 said:
We all kind of have hard ons for each other.

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! (So true though. As a man I know all about that.)

Bogwon;1964334 said:
Villy's living up to the Guv'na nick name...

Not the first time, either. ;)

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Well then get on his ass to actually post something!!! :p

On that note, I will post some more worthless ramblings. So, I spent the last half of my day trying to clean up and organize my parts after I received a notice on my front door today. Apparently my neighbors have been complaining about more than just the "unsightly" transmissions on my back porch, but have also reported seeing me selling tires and parts out of my apartment. D: In fear of them coming in to check out what's going on in here (I watched last week as one of my other neighbors had to remove the engine that he was building in his apartment per disobeying regulations or whatever. I felt sad for him.) I decided to try and clean up a little bit. I got a new shelf, painted it, and am trying to put everything into boxes. Then, I am going to hang some pretty curtains over the shelves so no one can really see what's going on in there. One of my friends also gave me some fake trees to hide the sides of the shelves. Maybe I'm panicking for no reason, but I don't really like being homeless and I like living here, the rent is cheap and my balcony is awesome.

For those of you who have hoarding problems like I do, maybe you can appreciate my living room:

p1964602_1.jpg

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Hahaha nope! That's it that's all. Well, plus my tiny room (also full of parts) thinking that's where my engine stand is going to go for now, and the bathroom.... which, this morning as I am going to leave, my room mate goes in there to shower and is like, "Who's tool box exploded in here!?!?!?" But I had to clean my tools!! The bath tub seemed so logical.....

Faye;1964609 said:
Hahaha nope! That's it that's all. Well, plus my tiny room (also full of parts) thinking that's where my engine stand is going to go for now, and the bathroom.... which, this morning as I am going to leave, my room mate goes in there to shower and is like, "Who's tool box exploded in here!?!?!?" But I had to clean my tools!! The bath tub seemed so logical.....

How else are you going to keep your tools clean with out a solvent tank?

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Hahaha that is awesome!!! Totally looks like my house did before Vett moved in..... (I managed to keep my turbo in the house) it's soo much better as stuff doesn't rust in the house:p
Ps. Faye pleaseuseparagraphs

And if you clean your tools after you use them they stay clean;-)

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
So, I was talking with a friend downstairs at work who owns a MK2 and he said that Rabid Chimp down by you guys loves to do shop days and BBQs and such. They have a small shop, but they do lots of work with our cars. That might be another option.

Pyro15D;1964652 said:
So, I was talking with a friend downstairs at work who owns a MK2 and he said that Rabid Chimp down by you guys loves to do shop days and BBQs and such. They have a small shop, but they do lots of work with our cars. That might be another option.

I forgot all about them LOL!!

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Pyro15D;1964652 said:

I have heard good things about them!! Never been there though....