Guv'na's Tavern

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I have many parts. I have an HKS EVC1 that I am wanting to sell. I know you want the HKS 3000 pipe Villy. If/when I go JZ, then I'll be getting rid of my 2 spare 7m blocks, 7m head, Boss JR turbo, dp, HKS pipe, and Trust intercooler setup.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Pyro15D;1963977 said:
Sure. I was planning on cleaning it up and asking a pretty penny for it this winter, but it is taking up room in my garage. Just come up sometime and check it out. What is wrong with your trans? It would be really cool to have a tech session where we could rebuild and upgrade a trans.

Planning on putting my car up on the stands today and start pulling the drivetrain and depending on what I find with the clutch/tranny/drive shaft I'll let you know if I still need a tranny. I would love to do a tech session with a rebuild/upgrade of an R154. Might try to set that up once I figure out what's up with mine.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
I'd drive to Kent for shop day!! Assuming I would do a small project that would enable me to drive down at the end of the day/weekend :) also have a whole parts car that needs to leave a gravel driveway I don't own :)

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Villy253;1964134 said:
Well since we can't technically post for sale stuff up here let's all make a list of extra parts you need/willing to trade for a garage day/swap meet.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

In theory this sounds awesome, lets make sure that's cool with the mods before we start listing. Who's our mod? Grim?

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Yes Hvyman is the mod for the NW section, but I think Grim is really one of the only mods that actually active any more... I'll message him and get his take on the situation.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Regarding the swap meet idea, here's some thoughts. Firstly, it's definitely an interesting idea that I hadn't thought of.

On the one hand, our for sale rules are designed to minimize scamming when dealing with two parties that will never meet face to face... so this falls outside the intent. When purchasing face to face, things like failure to ship, missing pictures, shitty contact information, etc, just don't apply.

On the other hand, is a scammer going to use this to circumvent the rules, then leave us to deal with the victim's squawking afterwards?

I've started a discussion in the staff areas, I'll let you know what everyone there thinks. Feel free to post your opinions here as well.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Grim,
I think we were all thinking it as more of a swap meet sorta thing. We set the time, day, and place and then people bring the stuff that they have to that location and we all get to look over stuff in person and do whatever bartering they want to do. I might take a gander at the discussion you started as well. I Just think that this would be a good thing to really get going, since most of us aren't bleeding money, but we have parts that we've collected over the years. I'm actually kinda surprised this hasn't happened before. I'm all about social events where we can help each other out.

Grim I'll deal with the barking that won't happen. We all kind of have hard ons for each other. Let us have a trial run and you guys can make better informed decisions. If it works well we can make suggestions to make future events similar to this one go better.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Villy253;1964302 said:
Grim I'll deal with the barking that won't happen. We all kind of have hard ons for each other. Let us have a trial run and you guys can make better informed decisions. If it works well we can make suggestions to make future events similar to this one go better.

Villy's living up to the Guv'na nick name...