Gurren Lagann!!!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
DahnEEEE;1711069 said:
oooo cowboy bebop was really good.
But thanks for the list! i've been looking for a good anime to watch :D

Watch Black Lagoon if you like a more adult anime, something they can't put on TV. I'm waiting patiently for the 3rd season to come out. It's been help up from the quake :(

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
DahnEEEE;1710634 said:
Is initial d a short series also? Or is it as long as naruto.?
Nowhere near as long as Naruto, but there's plenty of manga chapters there if they wanted to make more episodes...

Poodles;1710747 said:
I think we need an official anime thread :p

I think my list is a bit long though...

- Akira
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Macross (all of it, though Macross Frontier is the most recent and amazing)
- Bleach
- Guyver
- Gundam (all of them)
- Vampire Hunter D

Etc, etc, etc...
I agree on the Official Anime thead man... I would have to come back to it though, been watching this stuff for half my life at this point. Good to see someone else is old enough to remember some of those.

Setheroo;1710813 said:
Wait one moment.... no one in this thread has said One Piece yet?!

I have seen most all of what has been posted so far, and not a single one of these match up to the epicness One Piece....
There's a good reason for that I imagine... the anime is nowhere near as cool as the manga was. Even the fan-subbed-straight-off-TV Tokyo-version seemed childish to me, which kinda contrasted from the manga. :nono:

honeydew;1711189 said:
For Initial D people: there is an hour+ long vid floating around of a bunch of battles that feature cars that were never in the TV series. Cappucino's, AZ-1's, more honda's EK's, Supra's. I saw it online like 4 years ago but haven't really looked around for it since. I almost bought that Cappucino at Tiger Auto over that video.

Like I had mentioned, there's a good 200 or so (300 by now?) chapters of the manga that never got animated. :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
reader =/= viewers

They're talking about the manga.

Speaking of that, I left out a good one, Battle Angel Alita (known as Gunnm in Japan). The anime is very short and good, but the manga is still going.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Setheroo;1711520 said:
Ahhh... not trying to make a huge debate out of this or anything - but if it were really childish, I don't think it would have 90% adult viewers... http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/02/10/one-piece-readers-90-adults/

No worries man, I liked the manga a lot, but the anime just didn't live up to it in my eyes. Just didn't seem as cool, but the story is (relatively) dark.

Personally I just started Bubble Gum Crisis 2040 a couple nights ago. Not too bad so far...

Anyone ever watch Berserk? Kinda makes me sad the way they did the anime, they could have gone so much further with that one... the anime was good, don't get me wrong, but... I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but those that have know what I mean. Manga is still going to this day, and it started in the late 80's.

Oh, and Poodles, I always meant to check that one out after seeing the trailers at the beginning of the old VHS's (remember paying ~$35 each for THOSE?), but never got around to it. Thanks for the reminder!

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
te72;1711775 said:
No worries man, I liked the manga a lot, but the anime just didn't live up to it in my eyes. Just didn't seem as cool, but the story is (relatively) dark.

Personally I just started Bubble Gum Crisis 2040 a couple nights ago. Not too bad so far...

Anyone ever watch Berserk? Kinda makes me sad the way they did the anime, they could have gone so much further with that one... the anime was good, don't get me wrong, but... I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but those that have know what I mean. Manga is still going to this day, and it started in the late 80's.

Oh, and Poodles, I always meant to check that one out after seeing the trailers at the beginning of the old VHS's (remember paying ~$35 each for THOSE?), but never got around to it. Thanks for the reminder!

Yea, always wondered why they just stopped in the middle of the story. Did you ever play the Game on the dreamcast? I've got it some where, was actually a decent game.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I have Bubble Gum Crisis 2040. It's a good powersuit brawler.

The Berserk anime is odd because they only did the flashback from the manga and ended the anime at the point everything gets interesting. It started like somewhere mid 3rd collection skipping a bunch of key story plots and ended in the 13th. It unfortunately skips alot of stuff in there as well. It is one of the shows I wish they would re-do true to the Manga.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraMario;1711792 said:
Yea, always wondered why they just stopped in the middle of the story. Did you ever play the Game on the dreamcast? I've got it some where, was actually a decent game.
Can't say I ever did, I've only seen it for sale once, at a Game Crazy back in the day. Cheesy as it might seem, that would be a good game for the Dynasty Warriors engine.

ms07s;1711967 said:
It is one of the shows I wish they would re-do true to the Manga.

Your link isn't working right, at least not for me. I have something like the first 33 or 35 volumes of it at home on the computer though, so no worries. :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, watched all of Gurren Lagann, cool anime but the ending was a bit of a letdown. Seems to be a bit typical of Gainax to make odd endings.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Odd endings in an anime? Heavens no! That can't be right...

So, question for you all then... is Spike really dead?

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
I still haven't finished that Anime. Too much variety made me forget some and get hooked on others as well as other distractions :(

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1713467 said:
Better yet who is Ein ;)

The reason I want a Welsh Corgi....

DON'T JUDGE ME YOU OLD BASTARD!

The Woman wants a pug....at least I got my Jack Russel...he is a badass...even though he eats fucking everything.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
SupraMario;1713497 said:
The reason I want a Welsh Corgi....

DON'T JUDGE ME YOU OLD BASTARD!

The Woman wants a pug....at least I got my Jack Russel...he is a badass...even though he eats fucking everything.

My family had them when I was a kid they have character without the yappy small dog BS :)

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1713595 said:
My family had them when I was a kid they have character without the yappy small dog BS :)

Yea that is one thing I like about Jack (the Jack Russel we have) He is JR and Chihuahua mix, with something else because he don't yap, he barks like a large/medium size dog, and just a few times not continually where it annoys the ever living fuck out of you. I don't know what I'm going to do when we get the pug...I cannot stand those things...It'll be like having a fat asthmatic person in the house all the time.