Gurren Lagann!!!

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Ghost in The Shell, that is all.

IMO with gundam, either start off with wing or SEED. Because wings a raw classic, and in the case of SEED if you really get into it theres another extention of it to watch SEED DESTINY.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
OneJoeZee;1718051 said:
Believe it or not, I had never seen a single episode of Gundam Wing until last year when I watched the whole thing.

We didn't have Toonami at the time Wing was running. :(

The first series I saw was G Gundam.

Oh wow... welcome to the late 90's man. :)

Speaking of 90's, has anyone else watched Dragon Ball Kai? I rather like it, Goku has an accent like a redneck speaking in Japanese, it's brilliant. Doesn't hurt that the entire series is less than 100 episodes without all the fluff that Z had...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I watched all of Kai that was available last summer (somewhere around the beginning of android arc) then picked up the rest of the normal DBZ episodes and watched the entirety of Cell games and Buu. Not sure what I was thinkin. That's a ton of episodes.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, kai is a remake of the series but they remove the 10 episodes of the fighters staring at each other screaming while they power up :rofl:

Oh, got a few more:

- Tekkaman
- MADOX 01
- M.D. Geist
- Appleseed
- Fist of the North Star

All oldschool stuff :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
OneJoeZee;1719287 said:
I watched all of Kai that was available last summer (somewhere around the beginning of android arc) then picked up the rest of the normal DBZ episodes and watched the entirety of Cell games and Buu. Not sure what I was thinkin. That's a ton of episodes.
HAHAHAHA... yes, that is a ton. Watched all that back in high school if I remember correctly. DB Kai was nice, can watch the whole thing in a couple weeks without spoiling the fun. How it should have been all along if you ask me...

Poodles;1719303 said:
Yeah, kai is a remake of the series but they remove the 10 episodes of the fighters staring at each other screaming while they power up :rofl:

Oh, got a few more:

- Tekkaman
- MADOX 01
- M.D. Geist
- Appleseed
- Fist of the North Star

All oldschool stuff :)

Ahhh... MD Geist. GOOD stuff man, I remember renting the VHS from the Blockbuster I worked at back in the day. Saw previews for the rest of those, but aside from the original Appleseed, I never saw any of them. Speaking of old school stuff, remember Record of Lodoss War? :D

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Poodles;1719303 said:

Hey now Vegeta's final flash charge up against Cell was epic.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1719969 said:
Yeah, I think I've forgotten more anime than most people have seen :rofl:

You're probably right... can't believe I've been watching this stuff for almost as many years as I wasn't watching it.

Burst Angel, just finished it up last night, and gotta say, WTF ending? I should be used to odd or disappointing endings, but this series was building itself up nicely...