Gurley's 92 Teal 2JZ Project

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
[video=youtube;kc2JTdeqeBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2JTdeqeBc&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

Dont make fun of the exhaust leak, or my shity filming lol

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

[video=youtube;nBtBcn8RR0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBtBcn8RR0o&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Celebrating afterward:
[video=youtube;28za8X-Dkdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28za8X-Dkdg&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
So since I'm happy with the power that I have made so far Im looking into getting some more parts.

Shine auto S2 lip
Shineauto air guide
Getting my old wheels back
Aftermarket radiator
New Clutch

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Dustin,

My 1JZ is trying to idle at 15.6AFR and the ECU brings it back to 14.5AFR.

I remember you had a similar condition. Running stock ECU right now even though I have a standalone sitting there waiting to be plugged in and tuned but that's after the run in.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Well my condition was that the 2j ecu is able to compensate + or - 30% fuel so when I didnt have the 02 sensor plugged in it would run in the 17-18 AFR cause it didnt have a signal. With the signal though the ecu will try to idle around 14.7 AFR and the ecu will fluctuate about .8 AFR going above that and below that. It sounds like that is pretty normal to me. Yes its a little lean but its not going to hurt anything. I would love to have a lean idle like that but I have to idle around 12.5 AFR so that I dont have miss fires with my the small gap I have on my plugs.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Well got a Misihimoto Radiator!

p1749209_1.jpg

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Had a little hiccup with that today I am running a turbo clutch fan with a NA fan blade from Driftmotion. I also purchased a fan shroud to put on as well but when I put it all on together the fan blade struck the fan shroud causing it to burst to a million pieces. The reason was that the fan shroud stuck out farther than it should of cause of minor fitment issues and my fan liked to deflect outward under high revolutions. So needless to say not going to run the fan shroud. Between the radiator and fan there is plenty of room and my motor does not flex at all because of the solid motor mounts so I dont have to worry about he fan striking the radiator cause of motor movement.
I ordered a true TT fan and those are suppose to sit even more flush on the clutch so I hope it all works out well. Nice way to blow $135... :: angry ::

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Dustin, I have a question, your fan clutch, does it have a lot of tension when you try to turn it backward when cold? What about when hot?

My issue is that, I bought the fan clutch Aaron sells, put it on and the car was running okay but moving between 180-190F, I didnt have a shroud. DM clutch barely had any tension when cold and some when hot.

I bought a GTE clutch, aftermarket and it has a lot of tension cold but not as much when it gets hot.

I am using the NA blade as well.

I know it has to do with my fan setup, as I have a Koyo radiator and get this, I have closed the hood and I can see my Autometer show a 10F increase. I was like WTF!? Open the hood, the temperature drops on the gauge.

I also put the standalone and it was running but the highest it got was 88C, but was mainly at 86C. So maybe everything is good and since I have the sensor on the waterneck, it is heatsoaking? What's Albert running on his 1JZ?

a6898ad9-c4c1-ad48.jpg

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
I am running a gte clutch and na fan for fitment issues. I bought the clutch used and it was pretty loose. Could do a full rotation hot or cold. Car did fine like that until I fired up the ac then it started to over heat.

My fix was that I bought 3000cst oil on ebay (the rc differential oil) and replaced the fluid. I put 50ml of it in there and it now is tight on cold but pretty much locks when hot. The fan is loud now but the temps have dropped 30 degrees with the ac on. Also the fan will hit a constant speed around 3500rpm and does not increase in speed as it goes to redline. If u need more info let me know. My recommendation is to get that $6 bottle of oil and rebuild the gte one

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You said, tight on cold but locks up when cold?

You mean when hot it locks up right?

PM the link for the fluid, you bought a used OEM one right?

I remember JDub or jetjock making a thread on how to rebuild it.