GT42 build done and running.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
thats pretty crazy sean. looks really good and i like how its positioned.
wish i could come by for the dyno and aem tuning. just be careful and dont blow the welds on the intake!

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Thanks everyone for the kind words. The first order of business is to get an inspection sticker so I can drive it without getting harrassed by the police. Yeah, Right! I have some dyno work scheduled for this weekend(one is a GS300 with a 2jz-gte in it) and I have to wire a drag truck so as soon as I get some more time I'll throw it on the dyno and let her rip.
Sean

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
JMDigital said:
That turbo looks like it cost more then my house!

COOL! What did it cost!?!?

Turbine housing was alittle over 400.00 from dbsupra90 and I had the turbo from work. It is off a 12.7 Liter Detroit Diesel series 60. Dave can price you the whole turbo but I think their between 1100.00 and 1200.00 but they might have gone up.

Sean

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
thats quite the blowdryer you got there. Major props for testing the limits of stock internals. Make sure you post results when they finnaly give up. what all have you done to the stock internals??

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprahero said:
It looks great, and really clean. I can't wait for the videos. I don't see the need for 823 hp, but more power to you if you want it. I hope you do it without hurting your engine though...................lol

it's never enough power until all 5 gears of your gears are 100% useless at any given speed:biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
o....m....g:aigo: :love: :eek: :eek2: ::w00t:: :runaway:

that is probably the biggest f00king turbo i have ever seen. so your going to see peak boost around............5k rpm?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
holy shit dude.....you give new meaning to "go big or go home". now you just need to bring your car down to tx2k7 and let the world see it!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yeah the turbo itself i sell for ~999
the expensive part is the custom 1.01 t4 housings.

for comparison- here is the gt42 next to a TO4 turbo.

GT42vsT04E.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OneJoeZee said:
it's never enough power until all 5 gears of your gears are 100% useless at any given speed:biglaugh:

I'm thinkng his tires are going to be useless at any given speed. Traction will be a thing of the past with 800+ horsepower............:burnout:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Lookin good X-man.. I thought you were going to have a built motor in there. I guess it will make it that much more interesesting to see how well the stock internals will take that kind of power. Is the head stock still? I wonder how much power you can make with that huge turbo and stock head? Can't wait to see the dyno results.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
MRSUPRA said:
Lookin good X-man.. I thought you were going to have a built motor in there. I guess it will make it that much more interesesting to see how well the stock internals will take that kind of power. Is the head stock still? I wonder how much power you can make with that huge turbo and stock head? Can't wait to see the dyno results.
And you will see it too.

I'll be bringing the camera for this one!

-Brent