greddy profec spec 2 nightmare

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
finally got greddy profec spec 2.........

spike all over the place.......... cant get constant boost

on my 90 turbo.......... pretty stock........ bad actuator??????????? how can i test that...............

with the profec offf im running stock boost fine............. no spike constant 6 7 psi

im about to give up

set @ 20 %

set gain 8 psi

warning 12 psi

L 7%

spike all over the place...........

even when i set the gain to 6 psi it hit 6 psi then hi rpm spike and hit fuel cut....

my lines to the actuator is about a foot and a 1/2 both ways to turbo and actuator............. is this too long??????? causing spikes????????????

also the port on the boost controller soleniod NC should i cap that off or is it a bleeder hole???

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
I forgot how it hooks up, but I had major issues with the profec b also. switched over to manual control and worked perfect. I would look into how to test the solenoid.

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
1 washer shim my wastegate

boost about 7 8 psi still spike hit fuel cut without the boost controller hooked up means i got a boost leak somewhere//

this sux i hate fixing car...............

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
sounds like you just need to play with the settings a little more, i had mine at like 50% and like 25 or 35 for set gain which i think is when it starts to spool, i had to find a good road to get mine right but i had no spikes or drops, with a stock system, most importantly don't go over 12 psi until your upgraded.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Set the gain to 0 and see what she does.

I've got a small spike (1-2psi) as soon as it hits my desired max boost; but, that's it. No spikes after that.

Here's my last dyno run for reference.

Attachments

• DynoAFR.jpg
    DynoAFR.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 15

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
i def had a boost leak... somewhere... stock psi 6 it runs fine but sometime 5th gear pulling 3000rpm feels like its about to fuel cut when theres a load or it does fuel cut with stock boost with out any boost controller so im convinced i have a boost leak somewhere,,,,,,

thanx guys

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
whats a boost leak tester??????????????

i try searching guys.......... i have a boost leak somewhere... i try checking all my hose with soap and water and try break cleaner while car idle i sprayed it to see if idle goes up manifold all the valves... intake...

shim waste gate 1 shim hitting 6 7 psi with no boost controller and still hitting fuel cut 4500 rpm 2nd gear never mind third gear...\

wtf

not happy maybe a bad actuator???? too slow to open waste gate.. its got over 200k miles... but i did the bike pup test it did open... def not leakng wastegate

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Did you follow the guidelines I sent you? Here's what I recommend.

Example:
Your Desired boost: 12 psi
Your Wastegate Spring set: 8 psi
What boost is your fuel cut?: 13 (assumming 13psi)

Target set boost = 20% (start with this and then increase by 2%)
Gain = 10
Start Boost = 8 (psi)
Warning = 13 (psi)
Limiter = 10% (10% of 13psi = 11.7 psi)
Turn LAST BOOST = ON (so you can record the peak boost)

Remember, if you set the GAIN and Start BOOST too close to your target boost you will get SPIKES. Now start wit 20% target boost. Test it. Check your LAST BOOST recorded. If it is below 12psi, add 2% more, If above drop 2%. If your boost is at 11.xx psi leave it.

Test again. G/L.

I followed the same logic on my buddy's mk4 and we got it dialed in at 17.8 psi with no spikes at all.

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
thank you for the responses i think def have a boost leak

with the profec turned off... 1 shim on the waste gate i still hit 6 psi in 1st gear and fuel cut spike 8psi in 2nd gear around 4500 rpm...

so i need to fix fuel @ 6 psi throughout all the gears then i'll plug and play with the ebc but i just cant find the damn boost leak.....

boost leak tester tomm is a must... will post result,,, thanx guys

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
LamaRossa;1419204 said:
thank you for the responses i think def have a boost leak

with the profec turned off... 1 shim on the waste gate i still hit 6 psi in 1st gear and fuel cut spike 8psi in 2nd gear around 4500 rpm...

so i need to fix fuel @ 6 psi throughout all the gears then i'll plug and play with the ebc but i just cant find the damn boost leak.....

boost leak tester tomm is a must... will post result,,, thanx guys

WHERE DO I START

huge boost leak for months now....................

hose from compressor to ic pipe all dried up and crack hardly hanging on

im surprise i was able to boost around town 6 psi and spike fuel cut sometime

greddy profec is working perfect

thanx guys 15.7 psi im happy as ever

have a good one

thanx for all your time.............

lamarossa