Gran Turismo Series

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I was just curious how many out there know and love this incredible driving simulator.

If you're a fan,

Whats your favorite car? (I'm gonna guess one of the two mkIII's):biglaugh:

Favorite track?

Can Anyone drift well? (Its really hard to do well, not like Need for Speed or Forza)

Anyone played with the simulation wheel with feedback.

Share some experiences please

P.S. I know we'd all rather be doin the real thing.:icon_bigg

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
Nurburgring is my favorite track.
For the Mk3 to handle you need to get the most expensive racing tires,and she will stick to the road pretty good.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
You can say that about any car. Obviously it's going to grip out the ass with super softs. My Supra is still fine with mediums or lower on, just not as much grip.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I love the game, and have the force feedback wheel you mentioned...

Its very fun :)

My favorite car, is a tie between woodone tom's supra, and the audi racecar.

Both handle and are very fast... no winner!

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
supradavenz said:
Anyone noticed that in one of the GT's i think its 4.. the mk4 supra is a 2L? lolz owned

Your talking about the race cars, because they really are 2L 4's.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Ya the mkIII's have bad understeer cuz they're so freakin heavy. If you lighten them up, throw some racing slicks on, they do pretty well.

They have the 2.5 TT-R and a 3.0 Turbo A in the game. Whats the deal with the Turbo A? Is that a Japanese only version or just an ultra rare version? The tubro A isn't the special white edition turbo is it?

Also, anyone able to drift well? its a blast when you can, but its tough as shit.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Turbo A were limited production RHD cars that came only in black, w/ black wheels and a bunch of other shit. Bigger TB, more boost, a VPC type system for cone filter on turbo..

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
suprarx7nut said:
Ya the mkIII's have bad understeer cuz they're so freakin heavy. If you lighten them up, throw some racing slicks on, they do pretty well.

They have the 2.5 TT-R and a 3.0 Turbo A in the game. Whats the deal with the Turbo A? Is that a Japanese only version or just an ultra rare version? The tubro A isn't the special white edition turbo is it?

Also, anyone able to drift well? its a blast when you can, but its tough as shit.

Im not sure what you guys are talking about. All my mkIIIs turn just fine. Even the slow ones that have hardly anything done to 'em. Granted they dont turn like an rx7 or something, they are better then most. It seem like you all need to do some more tuning.

How do you have your car set up when you try drifting? That is probably your problem.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
trydrew said:
Im not sure what you guys are talking about. All my mkIIIs turn just fine. Even the slow ones that have hardly anything done to 'em. Granted they dont turn like an rx7 or something, they are better then most. It seem like you all need to do some more tuning.
ya