Got my Head Back today... Kind of worried about some things.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hope he reseats the valves and does the valve clearance again on the new head. Check the clearance before you leave.

.06 to .010 on Intake Side (Thou)
.08 to .012 on Exhaust Side(Thou)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
1StTurbo;1685270 said:
Glad it turned out well for you, god knows we can toss enough money in these cars without getting screwed to

thats definitly true

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

IBoughtASupra;1685275 said:
Hope he reseats the valves and does the valve clearance again on the new head. Check the clearance before you leave.

.06 to .010 on Intake Side (Thou)
.08 to .012 on Exhaust Side(Thou)

ok will do hopefully he wont have my head for another 2months like the first time around

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
glad that worked out for you, would've have been a shame to chuck that thru the window and accidently take out his purebred guard dog and have Guido come looking for you

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
sounds like the shop is ok then. Technically if you already paid, your happy with what you got. Hard to argue a service rendered even if its not "good". The more details you can lay out in advance, the better. Any shop worth their salt and wanting to stay in business long term will fix their errors. Been there done that. but with more then $4k into the motor. I learned a lot real fast from that experience.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
there are still honest shops in this world! lol nice man, only places i know that would do that are the ones where i know them personally. so...from negative feedback, to positive(pending this new head) lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Yes i think of my self as etremely lucky and i am greatful for the owner of the shop helping me out.

$500 is alot to throw away.

Can't wait to have my car back :) been of the road for about 3 1/2 months now.