Got my Head Back today... Kind of worried about some things.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So here's some pictures.

It has some tiny little holes and it is scruffed up in some places..

Im using a Felpro gasket and APR Studs got em from driftmotion

Got it Cleaned/surfaced/welded and resurfaced it had 4 bent valves 3intake 1exhaust all redone.

p1684837_1.jpg

p1684837_2.jpg

p1684837_3.jpg

p1684837_4.jpg

p1684837_5.jpg

p1684837_6.jpg

p1684837_7.jpg

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Yeah, boy,.. I don't know, I don't think I'd run it, They may have taken a lot off. Why don't you pour water in the water jacket and then look at the holes to see if it leaks water.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
^ buy you a new damn head! i forsee those holes leaking, then getting bigger. did you give them a max tolerance for how much to take off? if not good luck getting a new one, they will just say "you didnt tell us when to stop" yet anyone should know "hmmm those holes werent there when i started"...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Weren't you the guy who PM'ed me and I told you that I had a rebuilt, milled, valve job, valve lashes and new seals all for 450 shipped?

Sucks to see this. Pouring water will not help, the cooling system needs to be pressurized to see any pin hole leaks.

Measure the head and see what the height is and post here. You measure from the deck to the top, were the valve cover gaskets would rest.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1684862 said:
Weren't you the guy who PM'ed me and I told you that I had a rebuilt, milled, valve job, valve lashes and new seals all for 450 shipped?

Was not me but if it was i would have took that offer

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, I still have it incase you are interested in it.

Don't use that machine shop but get them to fix it and ask them to measure the height of the head and post here or do it yourself.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1684868 said:
Well, I still have it incase you are interested in it.

Don't use that machine shop but get them to fix it and ask them to measure the height of the head and post here or do it yourself.

if its not with in spec anymore im not sure what to do im about to go get my money back and tell them to keep the head lol.

im not sure how ithey would fix it if they were willing to send me hime with it like that today

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
barkz;1684877 said:
they cant really fix that...they went too far

:( i truly feel sick to my stomach..

i was days away to having my car back together.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

at the very least what spec does the head have to measure in at?

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
Turbo Habanero;1684856 said:
And say what lol. What can i really get them to do for me

Point out what you showed us here, Hope that it was a over site on their part an maybe they will take more off if they can if not they should refund your money as you spent that much for something you can not use.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
^ there is no more to take off lol. sry habanero, but if they are good people, THEY OWE YOU A HEAD. well even if they are assholes, they still owe you a head. even if you didnt give them specs(which most shops ask about before they start) they should have stopped!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IBoughtASupra;1684887 said:
Well, if they give you back your money, send me a PM if you are interested in the head I have.

if i get my money back i will definitley be looking at buying your head.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

barkz;1684889 said:
^ there is no more to take off lol. sry habanero, but if they are good people, THEY OWE YOU A HEAD. well even if they are assholes, they still owe you a head. even if you didnt give them specs(which most shops ask about before they start) they should have stopped!

I just don't understand.. if the head was in bad shape when they got it why didnt they say so instead of doing what they say is 500 dollars worth of work to a no good POS.. he said he had to do some welding and some shaving but he told me it would be fine.