Got a Supra replacement

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
OneJoeZee;945457 said:
Too baller for me. I feel really content with my average everyday-man-mobile.

After only having a Supra since I started driving, it's like "YEAH, my car is normal and average as hell and I'm proud of it!"

...Weird... I know.

I agree with this 100%. It's nice to be able to park the car in less secure areas and not care. It's nice to pack the car with 5 people and nobody bitches/complains. It's nice to not worry about going through automatic car washes and the effects on the paint. It's nice to be able to find parts that are all reasonably prices. It's nice to enjoy the ride quality of 60 series sidewalls and stock height springs.

That's all I have for now but I know there is more. However, I could not get rid of the Supra. Even my GTP is too boring for me.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Sawbladz;945828 said:
I agree with this 100%. It's nice to be able to park the car in less secure areas and not care. It's nice to pack the car with 5 people and nobody bitches/complains. It's nice to not worry about going through automatic car washes and the effects on the paint. It's nice to be able to find parts that are all reasonably prices. It's nice to enjoy the ride quality of 60 series sidewalls and stock height springs.

That's all I have for now but I know there is more. However, I could not get rid of the Supra. Even my GTP is too boring for me.

-IMO, if I had a new car, I would care where I parked it. Just because it's a Corolla doesn't mean it's a POS...it's a new car that actually runs unlike most cars around here :)

-Agreed on the seat thing though. I never have more than 3 people in my car! The space is too tight!

-I clean my car myself, so I don't ever worry about automatic car washes.

-Not sure about the parts thing though.

-Agreed. I've rid in new cars and I love the feeling.

Hehe, I wish I had a new car, but I enjoy my car a lot too. Maybe someday...

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Ma70.Ent;946157 said:
-IMO, if I had a new car, I would care where I parked it. Just because it's a Corolla doesn't mean it's a POS...it's a new car that actually runs unlike most cars around here :)

I know this but I think you missed my point. The difference is that this car isn't "special". Therefore when you are at the mall or at the movie theatre, you aren't concerned about the asshole outside stealing your rims.:biglaugh: Ever since I got my GTP I don't drive the Supra to places where I have to leave it for extended periods of time. I love this because it takes a lot of stress out of normal activities. Far too many people have had their cars ruined in parking lots and I would prefer the GTP gets wrecked, not the Supra. DD's are supposed to be common and a dime a dozen so they are easy to replace.

With that said, I keep my DD immaculate. The interior is kept perfect all winter long and it gets washed/waxed whenever the Supra does.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
My buddy has an S2000. He spends money on it and I've helped him do most of his mods and seen the gains. It wouldn't have been worth it to me to mod it. It would still be under warranty and it would be ok. I just decided I didn't want to spend that kind of money. But it's fun to drive.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Nice pick up, Joe! My mom picked up an '08 CE with 32 miles last week for $12K OTD. It's a nice car and does what she needs it to do: Go from point A to point B, gets her awesome MPG, and is damn reliable. They have some pick up and go for that 1ZZFE motor.