Got a Shipment In

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, but I would NEVER put anything on the friction surface of the pads. Maybe it's just me, but the manufacturer designs the pad's compound to function a certain way, I'm not going to mess with it.

Now Brake Quiet on the back of the pads, sure...

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
gaboonviper85;1128850 said:
ive got the exact same setup also.....brembo rotors and pbr ultimate ceramics....its a good setup for daily driveing....ive never experienced fade at all yet so have fun.

His aren't ceramics (I think someone else already may have pointed this out). I just use the anti-squeel pads that came with my ebc's ant they're dead silent. No dust really either. Power slot cryo'd rotors are awesome. You have to go big brakes to improve upon that setup IMHO.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Poodles;1129519 said:
Sorry, but I would NEVER put anything on the friction surface of the pads. Maybe it's just me, but the manufacturer designs the pad's compound to function a certain way, I'm not going to mess with it.

Now Brake Quiet on the back of the pads, sure...

poodles...pay attention before you post..

i never said put anything on the friction surface of the "pad"........i saaaaaaaaaaid was...."i cleaned the rotors off with alcohol"....as the brembos come with some nasty tacky grease on them to stop them from rusting.....which i liked the idea of cleaning off real well before install....thanks.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
suprabad;1129536 said:
His aren't ceramics (I think someone else already may have pointed this out). I just use the anti-squeel pads that came with my ebc's ant they're dead silent. No dust really either. Power slot cryo'd rotors are awesome. You have to go big brakes to improve upon that setup IMHO.

my bad....but everything still applies.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, wasn't aimed at you, was aimed at the OP, this part:
theKnifeArtist;1128827 said:
This is BG Brake Quiet. It gets applied to the friction surface of the pads and soaks in. I have an extra one from work and wanna use it. We apply it on all the pads we do (cash pay only, hehe). Can any harm be done here? I just wanted to verify before I used it.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
theKnifeArtist;1129271 said:
you don't think i'll need brake quiet because they're 'softer' pads?
Organic pads wear quicker than ceramic pads, no?

make sure you have the shim plates and clips installed. so many supras i've seen without these and they wonder why their brakes make so much noise. now, there are types of pads they will be noisy due to design, but these won't be if you have the correct harware. you could add some break quiet to the shim if you wanted, but i wouldn't add to the pad material.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
suprabad;1129536 said:
are the ceramics better than the organics? if so, how?

TurboFreak;1129649 said:
Ocean City FTW! H20 FTW!
WOO!! you might see a supra rollin around there with the dubbers, haha

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
dbsupra90;1129593 said:
make sure you have the shim plates and clips installed. so many supras i've seen without these and they wonder why their brakes make so much noise. now, there are types of pads they will be noisy due to design, but these won't be if you have the correct harware. you could add some break quiet to the shim if you wanted, but i wouldn't add to the pad material.

Mine squealed so bad with all new brakes. Put a new OEM shim kit and some normal brake lube on the shims(those lil packets at the checkout in parts stores). No sound at all now, Ive seen that brake quiet stuff that sort of expands into rubber. It always works great at first then fails within a few hundred miles from my experience.

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
TurboFreak;1129763 said:
It's because VW shows are THE BEST shows I've ever been to. They know how to have fun...

true that, they're always alotta fun!

i didnt see this before. here's my break-in procedure on the box. it asks for light to moderate braking.
p1129773_1.jpg

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
theKnifeArtist;1129773 said:
true that, they're always alotta fun!

i didnt see this before. here's my break-in procedure on the box. it asks for light to moderate braking.
p1129785_1.jpg

yup thats what stoptech recomends too