Gixxer's Rebuild....again

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I now have over 800 miles on it. The car has had no more problems so far. Picked up a 7 foot section of three inch exhaust pipe to build my exhaust out of. I also bought a Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller(new in box) from a friend for $80. I also ordered a 3" downpipe to go with my new exhaust.

I am pulling 22 inches of vacum at idle and a little over 30 if I let off the gas going down the road. I changed my plugs and did a compression test. Here are the numbers

1 151
2 151
3 152
4 150
5 151
6 152

So, all seems well so far.

IJ, where did you get that oil accumulator from? Does it release oil pressure into the system before you turn the engine over? Someone was telling me about one that stores oil under pressure while the engine is running and then releases it before you turn the engine over to eliminate dry starts. I am very interested in that.

I guess thats about all thats new now. I'll post any updates back later

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Gixxer: Mine is a Moroso accumulator you can get them from just about any performance store!

It has a manual tap on it but you could easily replace that with a solenoid to preoil the system on cold starts!

I don't do this though.

I have it mainly to prevent rod knock :)!

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I love this car, I finally got to flog it a little bit, and it absolutly hauls ass for a stock 80's car :) I did about 2 10PSI pulls with a wideband hooked up and it all looks good. I think I'm gonna set 10 as my high boost setting on my EBC. I have about 6.5 dialed in as my low boost setting, and I like it for normal driving. I had to play around with it some, as it now has 1100 miles on it. I figure at that mileage it is safe to WOT it a few times. I am still running the stock exhaust, with both cats and both mufflers in place. At 10PSI, from a rolling start(about 20mph) to 100mph, I pulled 3 lengths on my buddy's '76 turbocharged 280Z (also running 10psi). It ran 13.94 at the track about 2 weeks ago in full street trim. I can't wait to get my full 3 inch exhaust built. I'm planning on running 2 12inch glasspacks in the system to tone it down some. I know it will probably be fairly loud under full boost, but it won't have any exhaust restrictions.... I am loving the greddy EBC, as it works very nicely and produces very conistant boost with no spikes. I'm wondering how much power is to be had from a full 3" system(including elbow) on this thing at 10psi.