giving 600rwhp another shot

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
running a stock bottom end with all ARP hardware. toyota bearings, race prepped rods, ross pistons

also took, how much boost can you run with the -23 mainscale... i might try your route and pull from the mainscale and see what it does at WOT.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
well come to find out, my 200$ greddy boost gauge is reading 5psi off.. no wonder my numbers are low... lol.... this car is a pita

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
oh noes! :) my apexi mechanical one doesn't read vacuum correctly for some reason... time to step up to the defi series! they just came out with a new line, "Blue Racer" ... that don't need an external computer module but are still electronic, have a shallow mounting depth, have a nice look to them with a cool opening sequences, etc... and cheaper then their old ones.

i'm going to get a complete set and have them installed in the factory gauge locations.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I ran 23 psi today, Im thinking pulling fuel helps with boost cut, when your adding it , it hits f/c easier. I have hit it a couple times in a few weeks of driving, when its cold out, and kicking down a gear from cruise (i have an auto)under high boost. Not 1 time ever have I hit f/c from a stop up to 120 mph (24 psi). my a/f did creep up to 12.0 today after 21 psi, but I dont normally run over 20 on pump gas, I was messing with boost control, and its creeping on me after 6k rpms.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
you on AIM??? i want to discuss some tuning setups and get this thing ironed out... after a yr of running this thing it seems like it's getting harder and harder..

malloynx on AIM..

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
also, i'm aware of scaling the AFM signal however we need to start looking at timing to see how far it's getting advanced...

i have the boost solenoid; however i'm not running it. i tried to get it to work but i had no luck. my boost would creep all the time

wlsupraMKIII

Jul 8, 2005
Hell!!Its so warm!!
malloynx said:
failed yet again... i think my motor is getting tired... it runs good. however i get a good amount of blowby. also i was running a bit rich on the top end..

best run was 484hp 520tq

a leakdown test is next on the list

ohh.. btw,, i had the 2nd highest dyno #'s finishing next to a S/C zo6

Nice numbers man....

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I hope you hit your mark. Did you get around that timing issue you had? I still think something's not right there from reading your other thread.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
malloynx said:
you on AIM??? i want to discuss some tuning setups and get this thing ironed out... after a yr of running this thing it seems like it's getting harder and harder..

malloynx on AIM..
I got AIM on my comp, not sure I'll have much time tonight, but I'm available tomorrow.....except during the Bear's game! Later.....Ken

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
SupraDreamPDR said:
nice job. are you going back after you change some of your settings to give it another shot at 600rwhp?

yea, had i known my boost gauge was ready 5-6psi off i think things would have been different