Georgia Supras

Own a Supra here in GA?

• Current Georgia Owner

Votes: 77 81.9%
  • Former Georgia Owner

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I'm just a fan, but I'm from Georgia!

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I'm not from Georgia - get me out of this group!

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Oh! You need a working one?

LoL. Kidding.
Yeah, i would give you the one off my current engine. At least that way i know for sure
That you get a working one.
PM me if you wanna meet up and grab it.

supra1jz

Apr 14, 2008
Auburn, Georgia, United States
yhatzee89;1913595 said:
Can't wait to get moved down, so many more supra owners in GA vs. MD. What shops do you guys recommend down there?

depends on what part you moving to where i live at the known good shop are not close to me so i just do all the work myself maybe others from down here will chime in.

BusterMK3

0-BHG In 77K
Feb 20, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
There is one by me, (tucker/atlanta area about 2 hours away from macon) that did a 1JZ swap for a guy over here. I'll have to ask him the details. They did good work though, his engine bay looks amazing and he has yet to have any problems.

Mattr165

Mar 20, 2013
Athens, GA
Honestly right now I'm just on the warpath to get this thing running like it's new. Tentative plan (once this hellish semester ends) is to:
- replace all vac tubes with nice silicone
- New rad/fan
- Timing belt, water pump
- Head gasket (+rebuild?)
- brakes/pads
- shocks and suspension

Then all of the upgrades hah. I'm not really looking for any shops so much as some fellow Supra owners nearby

Mattr165

Mar 20, 2013
Athens, GA
Damn, that's quite impressive; here I am struggling to get my 7mge back on its feet (er, wheels). Hopefully I'll be able to make some real progress beginning in a couple of weeks... What series/year is your NA?

Mattr165

Mar 20, 2013
Athens, GA
I've heard that conversion's a bitch... I'm glad I don't have to worry about it hah. Have you upgraded your NA at all? Or is it just basically pure stock?

Mattr165

Mar 20, 2013
Athens, GA
Still sounds like a pretty nice DD to me... I'm gonna head that route once I clear everything else up, but I'm sure I'll eventually head down the turbo road (although I'm still debating between NA-T or a simple swap).