Georgia Supras

Own a Supra here in GA?

• Current Georgia Owner

Votes: 77 81.9%
  • Former Georgia Owner

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I'm just a fan, but I'm from Georgia!

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I'm not from Georgia - get me out of this group!

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
just kickin it in the alpharetta/roswell/duluth area..... hit me up on aim at supramangt40

i am probably getting back into my supra.... its been dead for a few months but im looking to fix it up and go drivin again

cool to see that there are more than 1 1jz cars here in the atl!!!!

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
I am about to come out of hideing soon and I know of 2 more MKIIIs coming out too. So we should all be able to get together soon!!

supra guy scotty

Bass akwards...
Jul 22, 2006
Hoschton, GA.
Reviving the dead thread. lol

Well, the wifey and I just signed on a house in Hoschton, about 25 minutes from the Mall of Ga. I got the '88 Turbo Auto Sunroof car up and running, and then blew the head gasket when coming down the Interstate back from SC at 85mph and the radiator top tank blowing apart. :icon_evil Still slowly working on the RHD converted car. Engine starting to get close to being ready to go in. Getting really tired of all the headaches of these 7M's though... (hoe hum..)

Scotty

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
supra guy scotty;1108615 said:

Well, the wifey and I just signed on a house in Hoschton, about 25 minutes from the Mall of Ga. I got the '88 Turbo Auto Sunroof car up and running, and then blew the head gasket when coming down the Interstate back from SC at 85mph and the radiator top tank blowing apart. :icon_evil Still slowly working on the RHD converted car. Engine starting to get close to being ready to go in. Getting really tired of all the headaches of these 7M's though... (hoe hum..)

Scotty

Scotty! Congrats!

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
supra guy scotty;1108615 said:

Scotty

Good luck finishing the car & I know how you feel with the headaches of the 7M's

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
Hey guys is there any local meets still going on that yall go to? Seems like the supra scene is really slow. Anyways hope everyone is well. :)

supra guy scotty

Bass akwards...
Jul 22, 2006
Hoschton, GA.
Supracentral;1108618 said:
Scotty! Congrats!

Thanks man! Good to hear from ya!

7MGTESUPRAMAN:
Good luck finishing the car & I know how you feel with the headaches of the 7M's

Man, I tell you, I'm really beginning to feel the burn from them. I've been kicking around selling all this stuff and finally moving up to the JZ platform, but I've been burned before with selling a bunch of stuff in hopes to use the money for something similar, but only to end up HAVING to use it elsewhere, then end up with neither. I don't like that feeling at all.. :icon_evil

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
supra guy scotty;1118782 said:
Thanks man! Good to hear from ya!

7MGTESUPRAMAN:

Man, I tell you, I'm really beginning to feel the burn from them. I've been kicking around selling all this stuff and finally moving up to the JZ platform, but I've been burned before with selling a bunch of stuff in hopes to use the money for something similar, but only to end up HAVING to use it elsewhere, then end up with neither. I don't like that feeling at all.. :icon_evil

I know what you mean. I think my next move might be the 1JZ, I should have done it 2yrs ago when I put a new 7M in from Jarco.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Sorry I hadn't posted to this thread earlier- never saw it!
I have a grey 88 5spd targa, bought in September 1996 with 144,000 miles. After two full rebuilds and two cylinder head changes between 1997 and 2005, I swapped the NA for a turbo motor in 2005, in unknown condition. The only work to it was fresh bearings. Brought it down to Batleground for dyno testing about 6 months later. Swapped in the R-154 for the W58 in 2006. Bought a second turbo block and head, and built a full motor w/ forged pistons, MLS HG and ARP's the next year. Car now has 322,000 miles, the only original drivetrain piece is the halfshafts, and it's still my daily driver.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
Hey i dont technically live in georgia but the state lines about a mile from my house lol. iam about hour and a half away from atl and tennessee never has any meets. Are there any in georgia sometime soon?

oh and my car is a 1990 targa 1jz car, its the one in my sig.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
WhtMa71;1233940 said:
I need to go to one of the Varsity meets one of these days.

You should call me up and let me know when so we can ride up there together. One of my friends should be finished with his MKIV soon & maybe he will ride up there too whenever we decide to go.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
gnarkill87;1234881 said:
Hey i dont technically live in georgia but the state lines about a mile from my house lol. iam about hour and a half away from atl and tennessee never has any meets. Are there any in georgia sometime soon?

oh and my car is a 1990 targa 1jz car, its the one in my sig.

There is a meet going on this weekend:

Date : January 31st, 2009
Time : Noon - 4pm or whenever
Where: Zen Motors 3246 Buford Hwy. #201 Duluth, GA 30096