Genuine Group A Racing Supra at 2011 YTCC Spa

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
josbeat;1799377 said:
Lord have yo tried to contact with the guys who saed they have racing spare parts??

No ,not inerested. Many years ago I found a guy in Australia that had TONS of parts from John Smiths supra ,including TRD diff ,TTE coilovers ,suspension components and many others. I was ready to buy them all ,but on on second thought decided that it is not a good idea becouse:

- The coilovers will have spring and valving for 89+ Group A car ,probably in 1400KG or more (too stiff for your or mine car)

- Suspension arms will use "god knows what" metric uniballs from the 80s ,and these do go bad even my $70 minebea have to be replaced now and then...

- As you can see in the FIA homologation papers for MA70 toyota introduced "reinforced rear diff housing" ,looking at the other parts in the same VO paper from OCT-1-1988 I'm ready to bet you that they run into the familiar to the community rear subframe issues. Anyways you need the housing to get the diff to work and the diff is not better than Cusco.

- It is difficult to believe ,but I don't see any of the 982543892345 different Hub Knuckles in the FIA book to have roll centre corrections ,all of them are designed to work with one bolt rims and that appears to be all.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
yes jejejeje
really they made a lot of different hubs which I dont have any idea way?
some of those hubs have some differences for different wheels but ....
also if I remember well , other guy saed to have the measure diagrams of the supension parts homologated by FIA and he can make eny of the parts inside the FIA book .

the things which will be interesting is the adjustables roll bars from the interior and maybe the adjustables upper arms

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
josbeat;1799738 said:
yes jejejeje
really they made a lot of different hubs which I dont have any idea way?
some of those hubs have some differences for different wheels but ....
also if I remember well , other guy saed to have the measure diagrams of the supension parts homologated by FIA and he can make eny of the parts inside the FIA book .

the things which will be interesting is the adjustables roll bars from the interior and maybe the adjustables upper arms

:bigthumb: for the dynamically adjustable sway bars ,here is a picture of the 1990 evolution sways that Toyota designed for MA70 - GROUP A at its finest!

GroupA-Sways.jpg