gauging interest

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
Yeah, that is pretty cool, not exactly what I had in mind. For one thing, it appears tha gauge increments are not backlit..and yeah, no vacuum and in bar vs psi. But bar works better for the size of the gauge...Keep the ideas coming...

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
flubyux2 said:
lol, i like the guage face... you are measuring bar's of supra apparently? you didnt stick with the turbine logo...

Yeah I'm not tryin to criticize his design.. hell its the most creative idea I have seen so far. I do think that is should look as clean and as stock as possible. Having the turbin symbel would take it a step futher...I'm still looking for ideas. I plan on starting at the end of this month.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
do it! but i agree that 15 psi is a little low. im running between 18-20 psi daily so i would need a bit higher before i want to ditch my autometer. will it be a full sweep setup or just like the stock guage?

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
Wayne G. said:
Great idea, I had planed to put in a Apexi mechanical boost gauge using the method shown on the 92 Motec Supra page :

http://members.aol.com/ronaldvictor/gauge.htm

now THAT looks AWESOME!!

+1 on interest for a replacement!!

LMK duloblast25, I was just thinking how much I hated how my stock gauge just jumps off the chart right when my 1j spools up..I def. need a replacement, and wanted to keep it stock, this would be perfect.

subscribed

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
oh man! thats what ive been wanting to do for years now. i just could never bring myself to cut up an aftermarket guage or another guage cluster but im really wanting to do it again.

but i need to find a boost guage thatll go up to 40psi. plus, id want it to be electric. an electric guage SHOULD be shallower to mount. plus, you could use the exisiting wiring in the car. just connect the stock turbo pressure sensor connector to the aftermarket sensor.

i figure id do the same for the oil pressure and coolant temp.

but, who would do guage faces for us...?

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
well look like enough interested is generated. I will get started next week. I do like the idea of the 40 psi and the electric gauge...the idea of cutting a stock cluster does suck. I know a good 40 psi elect gauge will cost plenty..

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, i could settle for a 36psi guage... since the T88 i have doesnt do shit over 36.7psi. and the HX35 i wanted to run as a temporary solution to fix my slow car can self-destruct at 35psi and over.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
dulobast25 said:
yes, I'm having a gauge custom made. trying to find a fabricator to do +-40 psi. Looks like we may have to settle for +- 30 psi.

thats great news!

+- 30 is definitely enough for me, I look forward to some updates!!

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
my fellow fabrictor is stll working on a 7m to 1uz adapter that hes gotton behind on. Over a month behind.
Whwn he finishe he will continue helping me with the gauge.