gauging interest

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
Is there anyone here who would be interested in a bolt on 15-16 psi boost guage to fit in the factory boost gauge location on a mk3?

If so, who would be interested in a group buy?
Let me know via email or the thread. My PM is perpetually full.
dulobast25@yahoo.com

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
hellraiser, I can see your af boost gauge in your avitar! LOL!

Hey everyone, I t sounds like there is interest. First of all a minus 16 to 16 or -4 to 15,16 or 20 would be the first. If there is enough interest, then we could follow up with a plus/minus 30 boost gauge.

The responses were quick. Lets keep the interest/comments/input coming.

hellraiser456

Dec 29, 2006
canada
yea...lol...i love having a stock look to a powerfull car...since then i have actually moved it to where the stocker boost gauge went. it was very difficult. and im not happy with the way it turned out.

my thoughts would actually be an electric kit...whole new setup. i say electric cause there isn't alot of clearance behind the dash for boost lines and mechanical gauges are usually longer than electric. the most effective would be a -30 to 30 gauge. but maybe with a modified face plate to match the supras gauges. ether way...most people like knowing their vacuum (i do atleast). so in order to get a ton of interest i will say you need atleast that. im sure taking apart a cheap autometer gauge and using its parts on a custom gauge plate and a way to mount it into the stock dash board you would be set.

im sure we could easily find a place that would make the gauge plates. they are very basic...

that's my 2 cents.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
dulobast25 said:
hellraiser..-30+30 that may be possible.

datsrboi, that's a sharp solara.

It will be accurate If I can help it.

Thanks. Sold it for the supra so hoping its worth it. Even with the supra boosted, the solara will rape the living hell out of my supra :(

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Aren't Solaras v6's? I thought they were heavy and around 220 hp, am I incorrect? I thought a boosted Supra would walk it...I guess it depends on the boost, heh

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
If I recall his Solara is supercharged...and I am intrested depending on the price, quality, dependability and accuracy too.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
NewWestSupras said:
Aren't Solaras v6's? I thought they were heavy and around 220 hp, am I incorrect? I thought a boosted Supra would walk it...I guess it depends on the boost, heh

My solara was the older one with only 200hp (about 150whp sadly). They come in V6 and I4 (which the turbo kit on the I4 and built block gives out easy 3-400hp). A supercharge model of mine puts out 240hp (190whp). The new solara dont get SC since TRD did not care about it anymore. My solara was putting 5 psi and putting out about 300-310hp with tuning and with a slipping clutch. I think I was making more power but I dyno tuned the car in 105-110 degree temperature on 15 straight runs.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sorry off topic hehe

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
I say -30,+30 because i'm only planing to run about 16-20psi :)... and that would be gay to show 18psi less then half way up the gauge. I say 35 is ok. But 30 is best IMO

P.S. was it a cold day for you're car so you had to put on a sweeter on you're coolant tank?

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
mkIIIman089 said:
So, is this thing going to look identical, styling wise, to the stock setup? Full sweep I assume?

That is what I was hoping for. I think +-35 would be tough because the gauge is so small and the increments, boy oh boy. Well Keep the input coming. But yeah that was the whole idea....to look like the car came with a 16+ psi boost gauge.. You guys are up to double what the original scope was but sthat's okay..keep the ideas coming.