Gas Shortages

Pr0ject_Supra

Oct 7, 2007
Murfreesboro/Knoxville, Tn
Has anybody else around the nation had or even heard about the gas shortage here in the southeast? Gas hit over $5 a gallon last week and now a good chunk of our gas stations have been out of gas since last Thursday here in Knoxville, Tn. We were told that the hurricanes shut down our main pipeline. Seems to be hitting the rest of Tn too. In Nashville almost every station is out of gas and claiming they won't receive more until next week. 3-4 hour long waits, including fights and hot tempers, are the norm. :1zhelp:

Pr0ject_Supra

Oct 7, 2007
Murfreesboro/Knoxville, Tn
Yeah I went out today and Knoxville is settling back down after everybody's gas scare. Prices are suddenly back down below where they were before last Thursday and alot of stations have gas again. But from my friends back home it sounds like middle Tn is a week behind us with their gas scare. This is like watching videos from the 70's. I refused to fill up my gas guzzling jeep and ride the bus to school everyday. The times I can't ride the bus I make the 45 minute walk to classes to keep in shape.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
i know they have been rationing in parts of the southeast for a few days now. truck stops have been limiting gas to 10 gal a pop, diesel to 50 gal....major pita when you use 200 gal a day....

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
3.36 - 3.90 in denver no shortage. im sure it is a direct result from the hurricane though

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
It was around 3.69 in NC until a week ago - it shot up to 4.40 or so. Now it is down to 3.89 I think. My "commute" had dropped from 15 miles each way to 1/4 mile, so I don't need to fuel up as often. Because of this I don't keep up with it so much anymore.
Arizona must have dropped a ton. When I left it had come down to just under 4.00, but was 4.19 a month before that.
This is all for 87 octane, of course.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
i got gas for 2.38 a few days ago. should be even cheaper. Its been dropping like a rock here too. going down every day now without fail for weeks

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
suprarx7nut;1164651 said:

What gives with the low prices all of a sudden? Did the hysteria finally die out?

ya wtf happened? ive heard its because of the election, but cant verify, and doesnt sound right. Obama and mccain paying the difference?

poodles, grab a few 5 gallon jugs and head to addison, gas station near my apt. drops nearly every morning on my way into work!