Full boost lose power!!!

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
damn if its not one thing its another. Yeah just what starscream said. Make sure everything is put back right cause you didnt have this problem before you put the plugs in so it has to lead somehting you did when you put them in. Let us know what you find.

NADude98

Apr 5, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.myspace.com
Well I took it over to a buddies house and we put a wideband on it and set up my AFC. OMG does it run better now, at low throttle we had to increase it about 35 to 40% across the board and about 10% at WOT across the board. The car is pulling great now!!! :naughty::burnout:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
jdub;990723 said:
He still needed to drop his base fuel pressure ;)

He did that already John, I'd say that's the main reason why it's running better now ;)

NADude98;984016 said:
I have lowered the fuel pressure to 30 psi with vacuum line attached. Next to do the plugs. I just got the iridiums in today. NAPA could get them for only $1.99 ea.

FlikRacing

Banned
Apr 2, 2008
Michigan
It's funny because like JDUB SAID, !! Listen to him, I reviewed this whole thread, drop te fuel pressure, your running way to rich, and you're going to realize you will need to plugs, gap them to what they need to be, and then let us know how everything is going.:aigo:

cykornr

Aug 21, 2005
Newark
What he is experiencing is very close to what my problem is. At 5500 rpm the car starts missing and labors to go higher, no codes, not fco. I have a stock 7mgte, except for 3” exhaust and a boost controller set at 11.3 psi. About 4 weeks ago I added a Walbro 225l w/o a 12v mod everything was fine. Car ran good, 14.5 quarter mile. Last week I replaced the plugs, Autolite, gapped at .28 that is when it started, car ran OK but at 5500 + it miss’s. I rechecked the plugs, cleaned the air filter, no change, put the old plugs back in and removed the a/f no change.
So after reading all these post I am wondering if I
should remove the “J” tube, and do the 12v mod or maybe something else?
I have never checked the fuel pressure so I will do that today.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
What brand were the old plugs you had?

Autolites are a little shorter than what's called for from the factory, they can experience arching with the plug wires, which could lead to the issues you are having, but it doesn't make sense if the plugs you had before were something different...