Front Facing Intake Manifold

Suprasath

Nov 9, 2008
Toronto
Hey ppl. I'm trying to make my own FFIM just as an experiment. Its going to be a short runner type. I'm pretty sure many of you have this upgrade on your Supra.

Is there any one here kind enough to just get me some measurements. Its going to be like Ron's Intake manifold. So if yes please pm me and i will send you a diagram of which parts of the manifold i need the measurement.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
i would think the experiment part would be mocking it up and what not so it fits how you want. Wouldn't someones measurements be copying?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
If you want one like Ron's, buy one of his don't copy it. If you want to make one that is just fine just start mocking it up (like reaper said), and take measurements your self.

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
I am making one for my 5m right now and I just took a spare upper intake and chopped it off at the top of the runners, then made a base of the chamber for it, I have made and bent the actuall chamber out of 1/4 inch aluminum, just havent got it welded.

but here is the base and runners that I have done.
p1214215_1.jpg

p1214215_2.jpg

That portion bolts to the lower runners.

But the best way to do it is just to mock it up. The more you can mock up at a time the better, so you dont do one thing, then find out you cant use it later on cause it interferes with something else, etc.

Suprasath

Nov 9, 2008
Toronto
good luck with your experiment. I decided to use a big thick pipe and just fabricate if i have to. I like rons manifold but itll cost me way too much for all the fees since i dont live in the states. Plus im getting the material for free here and my budy's machine shop is 2min away from my house. Everything is being done for free so why not try this 1st right. Thanx for all your inputs.