From a 87 n/a into A BEAST buildup

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok yea did some more talking and thinking. Im staying 7m. Gonna reach my goal of 450rwhp with this motor and then just have a spare one lying around with a mhg and maybe forged internals if this one blows.

Weeves

is here to learn
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
Wow, I just read your entire build log and it's been one crazy assed ride. You definitely put a lot of labour into your Supra... Even workin' in the snow! You're nuts! I'm glad to hear the 7M-GTE is running good. Good job with everything.

mx83gte

Sep 27, 2009
chicago illinois
wow sounds real familiar, i bought an 89 targa na earlier this year on craigslist, parted it out, just bought an 88 targa turbo, solid, i put my newly cover leather seats and my 17" stern wheels, looks great, hard to find a solid body mk3 for a good price, especially a targa turbo, thumbs up

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Weeves;1429584 said:
Wow, I just read your entire build log and it's been one crazy assed ride. You definitely put a lot of labour into your Supra... Even workin' in the snow! You're nuts! I'm glad to hear the 7M-GTE is running good. Good job with everything.

Bro A long crazy, money pit ride lol. When i found out that this block was cracked, I was gonna just buy another jdm motor, then i said fuck, ill just try and rebuild this one myself, if i do lose anything it will just be 300 Bucks for the bearings, and a new headgasket.

Honestly I didnt post up all of my issues with the crap harness. From getting a code 11, to all of the code 14 ignition no igf to ecu issues i had when the car would just die off and would not start back up at the most random times and places. Right now i hard wired every connector from the harness that runs to the igniter and to the coilpacks, to cancell out that issue. Also i have about maybe 5 or 6 wires that i have coming from sensors that are going straight back to the ecu hardwired, This harness is really crap but im making the best of it until i can get me a clean one.

Im just happy that this motor is running solid and this winter hopefully i wont be pulling anything out and can just enjoy the car.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
mx83gte;1429590 said:
wow sounds real familiar, i bought an 89 targa na earlier this year on craigslist, parted it out, just bought an 88 targa turbo, solid, i put my newly cover leather seats and my 17" stern wheels, looks great, hard to find a solid body mk3 for a good price, especially a targa turbo, thumbs up

yup its hard to fine one, that why i bought mines n/a and made it turbo lol

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
tmoneyrx7;1429876 said:
good job buddy!!! cant wait to see this thing come back to life, im from jersey hit me up

Yup motor is running good, had the car on the track twice already and so far ran a best of 13.7 on pretty much stock everything. Now its time for some upgrades.

Will you be attending the northeast end of the yr supra meet oct 24th at e-town. Me and all my boys are going from queens.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/queenskid926#p/u/14/4281oOpxoZ0

To sho how the car is today this video is one or 2 months old.

The car is amazing fun to drive. I love the trqyness, But it needs some top end. 7m is running out of breath as the revs climb, prolly due to the stock turbo.

I scored a deal on a 60-1 rebuilt ct26, fresh rebuilt from a friend. I know the 60-1 are not the most reliable upgrades but for the dam near close to nothing price i got it for, i can still throw it on and have some fun, and keep the stocker for when it blows.

I need brakes. Im still one some wraped cracked stock rotors with some cheap lifetime warranty duralast brake pads that get too hot and vibrate so bad even before the pads heat up.

But dam i love this car.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Update. I got a 60-1 ct26 from a mr2 for free for helping a buddy of mines.

I had to make it work for the 7m. The mr2 ct26 is clocked 90* off to the right, the oil lines are different and the coolant lines are on the opposite side.

You have to undo center clamp thats holds the compressor and exhaust backhousing 2gether. Get some heat on it to break the backhousing loose. Re clocked the turbo correctly. Take off the mr2 oil inlet and return lines and install the oil lines for the supra, and take the coolant lines from the left side and install them on the right.

When I first got the turbo, I thought dam, I can't make it work but my some older supra heads in my crew just took the turbo put it on a vice, and in less than 10 minutes did the modifications and swap the parts to make it work. It really helps when you have friends with experience.

pictures will be posted soon.

The turbo has very little shaft play. I will be keeping my good stock ct26 for a back up since the known reliability issues with the 60-1 but ill be able to have a little bit of fun before it blows lol.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Today i did some more maintaince and getting it ready for the winter. Change thermostat to stock heat range fail safe, Flushed the old coolant, oil mixture residue from the motor from the last bhg and put in fresh coolant, new radiator cap and switch speedo cable to it works again.

Also i have some nice lump of money comin in from school so im at a point if i want to finish the body work, 89+ bumper and lip, fix dents, dings, and color change to bmw jet black,

or just finish performance first and then do the body later on down the rd.

i still have the 60-1 ct26 to throw on that i havnt done yet so maybe ill just be happy and content with that before i change to a holset hx40 or a master power t70.

Well now that money is coming in, Supra will be getting some much needed updates.

pics of the 60-1 ct26 compared to the stock turbo man this wheel looks huge lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

im also at a point where i can sell the 60-1, stock ct26, stock manifold, bic ddp, and use that to fund the next turbo.

decisions decisions

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Also did some calculations and decided to change from 4.30lsd to 3.91 lsd. I need more highway cruising gas mileage since now on weekends i drive the car 160 mile rd trip to visit the gf and also in the 1/4 i plan on when I'm finish to run very low 12's high 11 and trap in the 120's mph range and i can do that top of 4th gear with the 3.91 where as the 4.30's i would have to shift into 5th which will loose time.

toy_dremer

uneek Supra
Oct 7, 2009
Weston, WI
Quick question, how did you do your fog light rewire? Is there possibly a thread on the site where I can take a look at? Thanks!

By the way, I"m loving your build-up! Keep it up!!

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
toy_dremer;1455000 said:
Quick question, how did you do your fog light rewire? Is there possibly a thread on the site where I can take a look at? Thanks!

By the way, I"m loving your build-up! Keep it up!!

the way i did it was i have the fog light power and ground tapped off the daytime lights power and ground so when the daytime lights are on, the fog lights are on.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
got around to changing the diff today.

Swapped from the stock na sportpackage 4:30lsd to the 87-88 turbo 3.91lsd
To start i really hope this is a 3.91 and not a 3.73, It came from a 88 turbo but it was painted red so it was def removed or changed before. I did the marking the diff and spining it three time, so its def not a nother 4.30 but still unclear if its a 3.91 or 3.73 so i will just do the speed rpm test and see which one does it lie close to.

Reason for me swapping diff?
Well for one is highway gas mileage, I drive my supra from ny to ct every weekend 160mph rd trip and cruise at about 80-85mph.

85mph with the 4.30lsd is 4000rpm
85 with the 3.91lsd is 3500 and if the 3.73 then 85mph is 3300rpm

Also my goals with the car is to put it in the 11's and trap low to mid 120's
With the 4.30 i would have to shift into 5th but the 3.91 can allow me to run that mph still in 4th, not loosing the tenth of a second it would take me to go into 5th.

Ive raced and beat alot of faster cars than mines due to the high gearing of the 4.30's. I would get them off the line and when they start realling me in its too late and we past the 1/4 mark. I know going down to the 3.91 the car will loose some of it off the line quick acceleration but hey, thats at the 60-1 ct26 upgrade will be for.

the old 4.30
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the new 3.91 or 3.73, will find out soon
sm_photo_missing.jpg

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
o yea got some money from school in my bank account now, so that means the brakes are getting addreseed, new rotors and pads all around, hardpipes, Safc, buy the o2 sensor for my aem wideband and lexus afm and install my walbro. The 60-1 cts6 at 15lbs should satisfy my cravings for power now.

toy_dremer

uneek Supra
Oct 7, 2009
Weston, WI
queenskid926;1455108 said:
the way i did it was i have the fog light power and ground tapped off the daytime lights power and ground so when the daytime lights are on, the fog lights are on.

Sweet, thanks! Keep up the amazing work!!

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
toy_dremer;1457750 said:
Sweet, thanks! Keep up the amazing work!!

thanks

Also took the car for a drive today, It is a 3.91 diff. A little bit of whining tho? Im going to change the oil tomorrow and the car actually feels a lil bit faster than before. 2nd gear feels like it pulls stronger and the boost hits in harder.

Anyways a vid is also added to the video section of a run i did with a close friend of mines

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Picked up an safc today, ordered slotted and cross-drilled rotors and brake pads all around, Cx racing 2.5" Intercooler piping kit for the stock intercooler, Harness for the Aem wideband guage i have. And change the oil in the diff to royal purple synthetic.

Smh money is here one minute and gone the next.