ForeverPsycotic's 1j Swap

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
After fighting with the twins for 4 hours, and only getting 4 bolts off, there is no way in hell that I am ever putting another set of twins back on this motor. I swear to god, you need 12 year old girl hands to get into these places. 2 more bolts and the twins are off, then I can take my time with the manifold bolts.

Awaiting my harness from Dr Tweak so I can get rid of the JZA70 ecus that keep on blowing out on me, and I will be getting a wastegate and oil lines soon as well. After that, fab up the downpipe and hook up my IC pipes and I will be good to go.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
6 month inactive bump.

Single setup is complete, yet not on the car. I have the oil lines, wastegate and the turbo is clocked correctly, already had the manifold and downpipe. The harness was recieved by Dr. Tweak and is wired up with an SAFC-II, and is currently plugged into my car. There are 7 wires left to wire up for that, the fuel pump trigger and the 6 injector wires. The exhaust and intake manifolds need to come off, so I can install the new injectors I have (JDM 440s) and actually put my single on. I need to pray that my exhaust works, otherwise I need to drive it open dp to get it welded together.

Titan wideband is sitting at home, awaiting instalation. As soon as it warms up again (over 45 for 5 days or more). Cant wait to get this beast on the road, even if it is only at 10psi. Next step after that, is to get some 275/45/16 Toyo TQs, 680cc injectors (hurry up SupraSport) and retune.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Its been a while, but the ECU is all wired up now.
New to do list:
Remove twins
Change to a 2jz waterpump
Install single
Remove AC compressor
Install 440cc injectors
Install Walbro
Wire/install gauges
Tune
Burn through my tires due to lack of traction. (purchase some 28" x 11" M&H Drag radials)
Make a sogi shifter out of my spare shifter

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
4 more exhaust studs to loosen/remove. Took me long enough, but I was able to get into the garage and actually do something today.

Why does it always need to be really cold to get someone to work on their shit?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Well, I just recently landed a job, so guess what?
My setup is changing again. I realize that I don't want the gutted out drag car look and am now going to put together a clean example of what a 1jz MKIII should be. The holset will be getting sold soon. I am looking at a MP 64mm, a 3.5" turbo back exhaust (with a cat) and a new fuel system (bosch 044 in tank, a1000 regulator and 550cc drop ins) with the addition a meth kit. It will be getting painted as well, but the body will be staying stock. I am also looking at some replica cobra "r" wheels, black spokes with a polished lip (17x9 front 17x10.5 rear), and will be offing the MKIV na wheels after I get the new ones. The interior will be going black, with some bucket seats and a 6pt cage (no roll bars). I will be building an enclosure to house a single 10" where the rear seats will be going, and that will be carpeted to match. Stay tuned, parts will be rolling in after I get my next paycheck.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Whatever set up you go with, we're putting your car back on the road in the spring, deal? :icon_bigg

BTW congrats on the job!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Holset is tentatively sold already to a local buyer, and good friend.
I will be picking up some things this weekend that I can do now, and get this rolling.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Some pretty large things are in the works. I will let everyone know what happens if they go through. My fingers are crossed.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm sending you lots and lots of good karma from down under Mike.......well, down under Connecticut anyways...:biglaugh:

Good luck with the new direction.

90_white_mk3

Dec 16, 2009
sacramento, ca
really nice build. cant wait till i get my BHG on my 7mgte fixed and save up for a 1jz also.
what meathod did you used for the engine harness.??
through the speedo hole??

good luck with the Single