Ford Expedition 1, Me 0

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
GrimJack;1657916 said:
I was talking to my buddy with the Superduty, he tells me that step one in the service manual for spark plug changes reads:

1. Unbolt and remove cab from frame.

yeah i know that feeling. ive worked on many a FWD car where step 1 is "remove engine from car".... which for me was more step 2, step 1 was "buy more beer, this is gonna be a while"

i miss the old frod trucks, 79 and down. jacked up sparkplug changing is easy, just lean on the tire :D

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Poodles;1658196 said:
I'm going to hell...

save me a seat

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
DreamerTheresa;1658360 said:
Poodles;1658196 said:
I'm going to hell...

I hope you're open to finding out what your balls taste like.

Actually, I suspect it would be more like finding out what Michael Moore's balls taste like...

On a lighter note - truck runs perfectly now. :)

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Scary Dave, just......scary.

Well, I'm half way through this project, and after examining the plugs they show signs of running lean. White colored with excessive gap due to accelerated electrode wear. It has shown uniform across all the cylinders. I believe this is caused by a leak at the elbow Mike was talking about. I'm done for the night and will finish up in the morning. So far, while a major pain in the ass, replacing the spark plugs is not as bad as I had prepared myself for. On a scale of one to ten on the desire to "shoot the engineer" scale. I'd give this an 8. The back three spark plugs on the 90 Chevy Lumina I had was about a 9.5, and the back driver side plug on a friends Chey Astro van rank an 11.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Dirgle;1658428 said:
Chey Astro van rank an 11.

That's because you didn't follow the Official Chevy Astro van maintenance guide. I'll reprint it here for future reference:

At 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes 1st:

Step 1: Park the vehicle on level ground, preferably concrete or blacktop. Dirt will do in a pinch but ensure the area is free of combustible material.
Step 2: Liberally apply Chevy Astro Van upgrade catalyst. This is also known as "gasoline" as some establishments, it can be purchased by the gallon. Use a minimum of 5 gallons for this task. Ensure full coverage of the vehicle. Be sure at least one gallon is soaked into the seats.
Step 3: While keeping a safe distance, ignite a stick of Chevy Astro Van upgrade accelerator. These are found in the vehicle safety kit and may be mislabeled as "road flares". If unavailable, a zippo lighter or match may be used, but be sure it is delivered by only the fastest runner or use the person who bought the Astro van new.
Step 4: With a vigorous motion, throw the accelerator into the van covered with catalyst.
Step 5: Bask in the glow as you watch your Astro Van get better and better.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It only takes me 10 minutes to do them on my Cobra. 2V cars are pretty easy too. So, I went to change them on a buddy's truck thinking it would be just as easy. I ended up standing on a lawn mower to get to the back two. Definitely a FML moment.