ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You're welcome Scott.

Is there a relay wired into your fuel pump or is it straight wired from the battery?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Oh SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did it get there??????????????

p1399263_1.jpg

Wait, that's where I parked it after taking it out for it's first drive, a mile long trip around the neighborhood.

Here's a couple more, including one just for Dave. Ya, that's my dog Jax. He has been enjoying coming out with me in the nice weather this week as I have worked on the car.

p1399263_2.jpg

p1399263_3.jpg

p1399263_4.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Hey you, get your old grumpy ass off my lawn!

You act as if you are superior with your new motor from a company who couldn't build a car with the quality enough to keep their ass out of hock. GM.......Government Motors

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ForcedTorque;1399277 said:
Hey you, get your old grumpy ass off my lawn!

You act as if you are superior with your new motor from a company who couldn't build a car with the quality enough to keep their ass out of hock. GM.......Government Motors

LOL'd here for real :D

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
:eek:ffwall: Yay!!!! So how did it run? How did it drive? How much did you drag pulling out of your driveway? I guess you got the electrical issues worked out and do your gauges work? I know I know, Mr. Question here.

The car is seriously low in the front. To me, and you know how I am, it would look better with a stock bumper. Just saying... ;)

Congrats though!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It drove very similar to the 89, but the suspension mods were noticeably different. It pulled hard to the right, more than likely due to that front tire having very little air in it. My idle is at about 1800, probably due to not adjusting the cable after installing (half way) the cruise control. It didn't have cruise in the 89, so ya it probably needs some adjusting. It's probably holding the throttle open a bit. The clutch lets out somewhere between the time I think about lifting my foot and actual movement of the foot. The tranny that got rained in, and now has new Red Line fluid shifted very smoothly.

I did barely scrape a root in the driveway that I forgot about, but I made it out and back in the driveway without scraping a bit. This was very surprising to me. I do still have fuel pump and Neo power as soon as I hook the battery up. I'm going to start a thread asking about that. I have to still run wiring for my turbo timer, boost gauge, and wideband.

And hey, don't pick on my cracked up front bumper. It will look better when I put the grilles and lights in it, and the cracks will be fixed before paint. I kinda like the black bumpers though.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
So, George is coming to haul Frankensupra away tomorrow. Can't wait to see you George. I can't promise any fun drives yet. I still have to locate the coolant leak, and my idle is still way off. That's probably due to the ECU needing to learn idle, and while leaking coolant, I can't run it long. Couple that with the fuel pump getting power all the time, and me disconnecting the battery if it is not running, and the ECU keeps getting reset.

I do have almost all gauges working now, with a few small exceptions. My Tach does not work (Neo tach does though), and water temp (most important gauge of all) doesn't work. As for aftermarket gauges, I haven't wired the boost gauge or wideband yet. But I have the Boost controller, turbo timer, and Neo all wired in and working. I still have to run the wire for my timer to the E-brake handle, so the bezel is still off.

It sounds like what I'm being told is that the negative cable on the battery relocation needs to be replaced. It's 2 gauge wire, and should be 0/1 gauge. They say that the spare tire hold down is a bad place to have the ground go to, and I should run it to the front of the car, and ground it to the block like stock. <----------- Next Project! I can't get anyone in that thread to tell me if that is going to fix the power to the pump issue, but hints seem to be pointing that way. In my experience though, if something is NOT grounded, power will NOT transmit. Why should I get extra power if it isn't fully grounded? I really want to get the fuel pump power figured out soon.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
George has come and gone with Frankensupra! I haven't touched the car in 2-3 day now, and I must say it has been nice. Even without touching the car, there is a little progress being made. I did make my first ever attempt at making my own video. It had an awesome soundtrack to it, but Photobucket's copyright protector wouldn't let it upload with music. What the hell, everybody else's videos have music???????

Let me know what you think of my virgin video, and who can point out the progress within my little car history video?

Last edited: