Finally, Pictures

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
mattsplat72;1224792 said:
I am curious about the 1G myself. I wish there was more info on it. One would think that a two litre would be underpowered for the weight, but I guess not. I thought it would be cool to put one in a older celica
It's a motor that no-one would see coming, that's for sure.

Comparing stock, neither the 1G or the 7M is going to touch the 1JZ. But I've driven the 7M turbos before, and honestly I don't remember much of a disparity between that and 1G. It definitely has more torque, but I don't street race so it's not like I really notice the 25hp difference between the 1G and the 7M. Besides, it's more or less the same ratings as the n/a 7M, so it's not that slow.

Thankfully though, despite the fact that it's only 2 litres, at least I don't sound like a Honda.

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
honestabe;1224980 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 1G's only came in the narrow body Supra's?
I dunno. Clearly I need to do some more research. I've always loved Supras but until I managed to score this deal they've always been very out of my price range (well, for a clean reliable example anyways). Right now I don't know as much as I would like to; I didn't even know the 1G existed until I drove this car.

So, I cannot correct you as I have no idea.

Wide-body or no, the car sure looks sweet.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
the dash isnt that bad to replace, i had mine swaped in an hour and a half. as for the car its the first supra ive seen that had a cleaner engine thant the interior. and a great deal on the buy and rare too.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
honestabe;1224980 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 1G's only came in the narrow body Supra's?

Nope, although narrow bodies only came with 1g's ;)
That car is a widebody as well for sure. Clean engine bay!
Any questions about the 1g-gte's i can help you out :)
few locals here have em installed.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Replacing my dash is gonna be the hard part though.[/QUOTE]

Hey Ash I am your new best friend. You know why ? Because I just saved you ass let me tell you how. I have sitting on my garage floor all the parts from a JZA70 clip. I saved it from the junk yard .

RHD dash in Grey with a quarter sized hole in the skin just under the rear view mirror area. can be fixed.
RHD grey center consol.
RHD grey glove box missing one mount point othe intact face in great shape.
RHD Grey kick panels both pass ans Drivers side with fuse panel.
RHD grey under steering wheel panel and under glove box panel.
I even have the trim for the radio in good shape.
the only things that are missing are the grey lid for the center. e brake boot. and a few odds and ends like the mirror switch coin holder/tems switch flippy lidded storage thingy ( love my tech description).
I may have more I need to look and I am going back up to the guys house to see if there is more.
I know shipping would be a pain in the ass,But I used to work for Fed Ex so I know how to pack boxes and I will cut you a insane deal on the price just because I want to help you with your cool car. Let me know I will take some pics you can call me at 425 244 8575 I am in Washington state so I am two hours behind you