Finally, Pictures

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
I finally had a chance to get some pictures on here (just finally got the 'net at my place). I apologize if these should have been in the Gallery section, but I didn't think I warranted that privelege just yet.

She looks a little rough, as I unloaded her off the trailer about twenty minutes before taking the shots. Doesn't look too bad though, after surviving an 8 hour drive back from Vancouver through two storms, on a highway that rivals Japan's togue passes. I took up the entire car wash trying to spray the salt and grime off without unloading off of the trailer (summer slicks on icy roads is a bad idea).

For $3500 though, I don't think it looks too bad. I gotta do something with the interior though. Burgundy, bleh! I'm ordering up some gauges later this week to get the shopping started and come spring time we are going to throw those in along with a real stereo and shopefully do something about the interior carpet. I am also installing proper piping for the exhaust to match the Fujitsubo can.

Enough rambling though. Here is my pride and joy. And yes, that is my engine, but I had to rob the picture from the archives of the shop that sold it to the previous owner.

Attachments

• Supra 01.JPG
    Supra 01.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Supra 02.JPG
    Supra 02.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Supra Interior.JPG
    Supra Interior.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Supra ROH Boost-R.JPG
    Supra ROH Boost-R.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 1G-GTEU.jpg
    1G-GTEU.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 150

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
can't get over how different the g series looks :D strange seeing flat piping

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
gtsfirefighter;1224444 said:
Car looks good...engine bay is awesome. I know nothing about a 1G but it looks awesome.
Thanks for all the props everybody. I am definitely appreciating the warm welcome. Joining new forums can be intimidating but you're all making it much easier.

The 1G-GTEU seems to be rather rare on this forum, so I'll take a minute to spew a bit of lore about this engine.

Based on the research I've done for the 1990 1G-GTEU, it's a 2.0 litre inline-six, twin-turbo, and it's rated by Toyota at 210 hp at 6200 rpm at the crank, and 203 ft-lbs at 3800 rpm. It's boosted by a pair of CT-12 turbos' which I think are probably the smallest turbos you'll find on a road car (they're tiny). But, as far as I've noticed based on the short while I got to drive it before parking it for the winter, there is almost zero lag. I wanna say no lag at all, but that could just be my enthusiasm talking. Regardless, the motor pulls strong all the way to the 6500 rpm redline.

I have also read unconfimred dyno reports where a bone-stock 1G put 218 to the wheels. I am hoping to have my car dyno'd in the spring, so we'll see. My Seat-O-the-Pants-O-Meter thinks that might not be too far off though, and this wouldn't be the first time Toyota has under-rated a vehicle on paper.

I could probably go on for another ten paragraphs, but I don't think the introduction section would be appropriate for that. Once I get some more time in the car, and some more time on the forum here I am thinking about opening a thread (I think that's what it's called) on my experiences with the 1G.

I know a lot of guys here are probably gonna say "huh, it's not a 1JZ or 7M so who cares?", but I also know there are a few guys out there who just want to learn all they can about Supras. I think this would be agood way for me to start contributing as a member as well. (Unless of course this has already been done, and I'm just not looking hard enough...)

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
honestabe;1224852 said:
Is that a narrow body Supra or full size? Very clean buy. I definitly agree with you, that burgandy interior has to go.
I want to say full size. The kid I bought it from picked it up from an import house in Vancouver, and I checked it out in their archives; it was advertised as a "factory wide-body". Based on the wheel flares I would agree with that (I still need to do some more research though).

As for getting rid of the burgundy, I came across a thread from Empera who makes some good looking boots/covers/panels etc, and there is a company on Ebay who claims they make a full moulded-carpet install in any colour for the Mk III Supra, for $220. I just need to find a good set of buckets that isn't going to cost me $3000.

Replacing my dash is gonna be the hard part though.