finally my supra. after 10 years waiting!

MA70R

Mar 12, 2009
canberra
hey guys and girls the time has finally come.. i have my supra!! :)
i will keep updating this thread on the latest page so the first post will be different to current status on the car.
finally after waiting since like 99 playing video games and wishing i had an a70 supra lol. this is pretty big for me as A70 supras have been my dream car since i was about 5 and now i finally have my own A70 supra :D

the thing is when i hit about 9 or 10 i thought keep dreaming i will never own one and prob start last year i got back in the game and worked my bum off and finally got my own A70 supra.
a bit of backround on me. im 15 dont get my Ls till november this year im located in canberra and the supra is my first ever car.
sorry if im raving a bit but im just so happy lol.

now about the car: its an 86.5 non turbo MA70 manual completely stock.

funny story on how i came across the car. my sister works with the man who sold it to me and i got a phone call a few weeks ago with my sister telling me that she might have a new car ( she was looking for a car) but she was just stringing me along she knows i love supras. any way the guy over heard her looking for a car and he said i have a car for sale its a supra and she rang me to see if i was interested so i had a look and it was the car for me. :)

he has owned it for 10 years and is the 2nd owner and doesnt really drive it anymore as he has a new car.
the car comes with like a million parts for eg: guards,trim,front and rear lights,8 sawblades with tyres,16 inch momo rims on the car,bonnet,bumpers,radiators,exhaust pipe ect ect he got them of a friend that had a supra and didnt need them.
the car has a reconditioned engine with only 35 k on it.
the paint and interior is a bit rough but every thing mechanically and electrical works perfectly touch wood lol.

guess how much i picked it up for including parts.. $500! the guy was doing me a favor and knew i really love supras so he gave it to me cheap.

here are some pics of when i picked it up and took it to my mechanics house.
im going to go over there next weekend to use his jack and give it a proper look under the car and take it to my house. the car currently has no rego so i will have to get that done also. but yea im so excited and the plans for the car are clean it up and drive it on the street and then turn it into a track car (circuit racing) later down the track. but i feel bad ripping my supra apart lol.

here are some pics from the man who was selling it. i will get some more pics when i take the supra to my house. interior and engine bay pics coming soon.
FRONT
2eea688.jpg

SIDE
5caw48.jpg

SIDE showing dent on guard
anjus1.jpg

REAR
vhrj9v.jpg

hope you enjoy :)

Jamie

Last edited:

MA70R

Mar 12, 2009
canberra
thanks guys for all the replys :)

i cant wait to clean it up and get it looking really sexy :)

keep an eye on this thread i have plans for this car in the future ;)

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
IJ.;1363610 said:
Keep on mind that's AUD so more like $390 Usd ;)

OH GOD DAMN IT!!! Sometimes I really hate you Aussies!!!
Why can't I get deals like that here?!?!??!

:rant::madfawk:

But seriously, good job dude! I look forward to seeing your build thread!:biglaugh:

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
I like the weather in the pictures there. I haven't seen anything like that for a very long time. Beautiful, i can almost smell the air.

MA70R

Mar 12, 2009
canberra
yea so basically what i will be doing when i get it home on the weekend is cleaning it up and maybe putting on the spare guard to fix the dented one.

the first mod plans for my supra are:
89+ bumpers,taillights
2.5 or 3 inch exhaust
air filter
18 inch work vs xx rims
re trim the interior

i hope you guys enjoy my build :)

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Huh, the rear wiper starts on the bottom of the window like the pictures in the magazine reviews I have. Must be a non US Spec 86 thing, I like it.

Your car looks good! I would keep the pre-89, but thats just me. Then again, if your doing paint for the new fender, why not? Do you intend to keep the same color?

heyitsdatguy

loser.....
Jan 9, 2007
Mira Mesa,CA
sette1994;1363592 said:

Newb question. How does the 3.0i badge make the car any different from any other supra. I mean I've seen - 3.0GT turbo-A, GT twin-turbo, 2.5 twin-turbo-R and the regular turbo models. What makes the 3.0i car different?

- Dawly

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I would op to fix the fender, then if you ever plan on going turbo I would go for the 3" exhaust. That looks like a wicked deal dude, I hope the regi isn't a big hassel down there.:icon_bigg And you can't even drive yet...I like your priorities.

MA70R

Mar 12, 2009
canberra
thanks guys for welcoming me to supra owner ship it means alot :).

hey Andy yea im good what about you? how much longer till you get the supra on the road?

i wish i could drive it over but i have to wait until november for my Ls lol.
if you would like you can borrow some sawblades for getting it through the pits ect lol.

MA70R

Mar 12, 2009
canberra
Chambers;1364080 said:
Huh, the rear wiper starts on the bottom of the window like the pictures in the magazine reviews I have. Must be a non US Spec 86 thing, I like it.

Your car looks good! I would keep the pre-89, but thats just me. Then again, if your doing paint for the new fender, why not? Do you intend to keep the same color?

i will need a respray because paint is peeling off and scratches.
i like the colour at the moment but its not in the best condition so i will need to get a respray.
the all the spare parts are off a maroon supra.
i need to fix a few things to get the car registed.
my dad told me to paint it matte black to get it past and then what ever paint i can afford after that.
im thinking black.

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
haha yeah was just playing mate.

can is in more pieces than when you came over haha!

I am putting the fuel pump and stuff in now so the fuel tank is on the floor of my garage.

Borrowing the soarblades would be AWESOME!

you can roll round with the 19s in return ;)