Not open for further replies.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
:boobs:

WHERE HAVE I BEEN!!!???

That's fantastic, Kristel!

...definitely sounds MUCH meaner than mine! Mine is really "docile" at idle.;)

-crisp

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Thanks so much guys! :love:

Car is booked in for rego inspection on Monday, and I will hopefully be driving it to work on Tuesday - not long to go now!!!!!!!!!!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Might be a dumb question, but forgot the 044 was in, and car is now 100% stock for registration inspection on Monday - is this okay and/or going to cause any issues??

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
LilMissMkIII;1430108 said:
Might be a dumb question, but forgot the 044 was in, and car is now 100% stock for registration inspection on Monday - is this okay and/or going to cause any issues??

It shouldn't cause you any issues.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
p1430254_1.gif

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Just can't catch a break at the moment!

Car was booked in fro rego inspection today, and halfway through tidying up all the loose ends on the car last night, JUST about to put coolant in, and the next door neighbour's daughter came over and asked us to stop working on the car because her mum was going to bed... At 7:30pm!!!! (Granted, she is a little old lady, and was unwell, but still incredibly frustrating!)

Being nice people, we obliged, but now have to try and get another appt for the inspection some time this week :(

Tis odd seeing my car with stock ic piping, but the guy inspecting the car got audited last week and asked us to make the car as stock as possible in case he gets audited again (he is already ignoring the wheels, exhaust and ebc). So all the shiny goodies are now off the car until the inspection is done.

Stay tuned - it WILL be registered and on the road by Saturday!

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
where do you live where inspection is so rigorous? all we need here is basic safetey (seatbelts, lights and signals etc, wipers, a cat (most places at least :D) and sometimes a muffler lol.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I live in Australia.

Because the car has been out of registration for more than 3 months, it requires an Unregistered Vehicle Inspection (aka Blue Slip). These inspections are incredibly rigorous and can only be completed by a small number of mechanics (they are accredited by the Roads and Traffic Authority to complete the inspections).

For these inspections, the car must be as it came from factory, and imports must meet all Australian Design Rules/Standards.

It is a massive pain in the ass, but my own fault for letting registration lapse on the car.

What makes it worse is that my car doesn't have a compliance plate from when it was imported from Japan, so it makes the exercise even more stressful as I have to explain to the Roads and Traffic Authority that it was brought in under the old rules, and was also an Aus-delivered model, so it doesn't require the plate.

Once I have the car registered, it requires a yearly inspection (Pink Slip), which can be done by just about any mechanic, and this is just a safety inspection, check brakes, tyres, indicators, wipers, etc.

I have definitely learned my lesson NOT to let the rego lapse again!

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
In my area... you take an easy eye exam once every 10 years or so... and they don't ever look at the car.

...sorry!:evil2:

-crisp

Status
Not open for further replies.