FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ok, I promised JM that once i had a definite idea of when my baby would be back, that i would post a build thread, so here goes :)

The Car:

I bought her last year from a local import place, for only $5,000 - with only 81,000 kms!!!!!!!!!!

The guys that sold it were absolute morons - she was so cheap because the IC piping sucked teh wang - may as well have not even been on there!

$50 and a quick trip to the hardware store later, and she was running totally PERFECT!!!!

They also agreed to fix the brakes before i picked her up. They didn't think to look, and obviously though it just needed pads. All 4 brakes were overhauled, costing them about $700... YAY for me playing dumb!!!! :D

Whilst i was there, i also managed to get a brand new Blitz bov off them for only $120... Again, signs they are incompetent fools, the same one was selling for about $300 at the time...

***PICS OF CAR WHEN I PICKED HER UP***

p613947_1.jpg

Note the dodgy ic piping - so glad i replaced it with pvc for a bit!!!!!!
p613947_2.jpg

The day after i bought her, i decided she needed some new rims... I loved the rims i chose for about... a month... As someone said, it was a blessing in disguise that they were stolen!

***PIC OF CAR WITH MY GOD AWFUL RIMS***

p613947_3.jpg

p613947_4.jpg

p613947_5.jpg

p613947_6.jpg

After having her on the road for 3 glorious months, it was time to retire her to my garage, thanks to me not having the money for registration (registration here is about $1,000 a year).

As some of you know, she was stolen from this garage in October last year.
It would have been no easy feat, as this garage was underground, incredibly secure, and you needed TWO keys to get in. However, they managed to do so, and take my gorgeous baby with them...

Thanks to the dire nature of the NSW Police Force, and a huge lack of resources, it was 3 weeks before i had any news... But when i did, it was good!!!! They found her about 1km from my apartment, she was missing a ton of things, but thankfully relatively undamaged. *happy dance*

***PICS OF CAR WHEN FOUND***

p613947_7.jpg

The thieves stole my rims and tyres, yet i got 2 12-slotters on the rear!!!! Worth over $600
p613947_8.jpg

Missing ic piping (was custom done a few weeks before she was stolen)
p613947_9.jpg

Missing pod filter (JAV this one's for you ;))
p613947_10.jpg

p613947_11.jpg

They took the steering wheel + boss kit - note the dildo of a shifter in the background :D
p613947_12.jpg

More damage - ended up having to replace both the steering column and ignition barrel.
p613947_13.jpg

They ripped the headunit
p613947_14.jpg

Damage to the driver's side handle
p613947_15.jpg

After stealing just about everything from my car, they left me the early model MkIV rear lights i had... LOL!!!!!!!
p613947_16.jpg

Seeing as i have hit the image limit for this post, check the rest of the thread for more of the story and plans

Last edited:

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
1st post now updated to it's image limit.

I shall update the rest tomorrow, as i am kinda tied up in a bitch fight between male members of the Supra Club i am on the committee of...

Enjoy for now peoples :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ok, i got bored.... Here's some more :)

So, to continue... Needless to say the car wasn't running, and sat back in my garage (with changed locks) until March, when i had to move house. :(

Getting it out of the underground garage, whilst not running, and with vice grips as a steering wheel was quite a challenge!!!!!! As well as getting it up the 45 degree incline that was my driveway at the time... :nono:

After a few weeks at my new place (and playing musical car spots thanks to some very inconsiderate neighbours), my bf and his dad came to Sydney to take my baby away...

After lots of hard work, within a mere couple weeks, my baby was running again, for the first time in MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!! *HAPPY DANCE* :D:D:D

Hearing her purr once again after so long was just amazing!!!!!!!!!

Slowly but surely, he has got her all ready for me to get her back on the road, with the only thing standing in my way, the $1500 for registration :(

A dear friend has helped me out financially, and it looks like she will be back on the road either by this weekend, or early next week!!!! :D:D:D

For now, i am borrowing a friend's MkIV rims and tyres (Thanks Lukey!!!!!), until i can afford some decent rubber for my sexy new rims:

p614058_1.jpg

When i pick her up from Sam's place in the coming week, I'll take a ton more pics of everything that's been replaced and fixed up.

And some special pics for JM of the stickers he kindly sent me many months ago now :)

For now, this is all :)

I want to say a huge thank you to those that have made this possible on my lack of financials... They know who they are, and i :love: you all :)

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Glad to hear you're posting good news LIlMiss. Hopefully you can be driving it shortly. Good luck.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
suprahero said:
Glad to hear you're posting good news LIlMiss. Hopefully you can be driving it shortly. Good luck.

I am hoping for it to be this weekend, but i have a feeling next week is a more viable option, as i need to get the inspection done, and then go to the RTA (Motor Authority) and get all the registration/paperwork done.. They aren't open on the weekends unfortunately :(

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Well i just let the tyre place have them when i swapped to the god-awful chromies...

(Yes, i am a stupid stupid girl.... I should have kept them as my set of "fun" rims ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.